This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Suck

Whelp, another Saturday at WeAreNotTacoBell has come and gone, with an unusually high amount of suckage.

Lower the prices--Triple the business!
    At the end of the night, one SC told our owner/chef that we should lower the prices so our business would triple. He talked for almost 15 minutes about why it would be 'good business'.
    We were TOTALLY FULL the whole night. As in, LITERALLY no empty tables from 7:00 until 10:00. We can barely handle the business we have at the prices we've got (which are 1/3 of any other restaurant that serves our quality food).
    Some people are so cheap.

Musical Tables
    A party of six walks in around 7:00. All our six-tops are being used, but no problem, we have a couple of larger eight-tops that are free. I tell them we can take away two place settings, and I get the cat butt face from Lady SC. I show them the only other six-top we have, a long table and get double cat butt face.
    Lady SC: This is totally unacceptable. We'll have to sit at the big table.
    Me: (Thinking) Yeah, I'm forcing you to eat here without reservations on our busiest night at a quiet, nice table where you'll have a tiny bit of elbow room.
    So they finally sit, and my troubles are over, right? WRONG! I see them, not two minutes later, moving two four tops and setting up their own table. This is bad, because we have lots of four-top reservations later in the night--and, of course, it's too late to tell them no, because their waiter helped move them without asking me.
    Because of their pickyness, I had to seat a table of four at the eight-top table! A party six can fill it easily, but putting a four there was ridiculous. -_-; I had to apologize all night.

Sort-of sucky
    Almost all our walk ins came because they 'saw a little piece in the paper about us' and came in on a whim. Apparently, the paper didn't say anything about needing reservations, which we ALWAYS stress on weekends. Stupid paper. This is gonna cause problems...
    Last edited by RebeccaOTool; 03-22-2009, 02:26 PM.
    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Quoth RebeccaOTool View Post
    At the end of the night, one SC told our owner/chef that we should lower the prices so our business would triple. He talked for almost 15 minutes about why it would be 'good business'.
    "Sir, since you seem to know SO much about how to run "a good business", you're welcome to open your own restaurant. GOOD DAY."
    http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

I see them, not two minutes later, moving two four tops and setting up their own table. This is bad, because we have lots of four-top reservations later in the night--and, of course, it's too late to tell them no, because their waiter helped move them without asking me.
      When you were done with the waiter was he able to walk?
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

We had a customer tell us we should give away our product away for free because it was "good business."

SC's are so cute when they start trying to think, aren't they?
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

SC's are so cute when they start trying to think, aren't they?
          So are my dogs, but they don't run my house.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's encountered this. I work at *big box supercenter*. We sell GM & grocery items for much lower than the competition. Everyone, including employees, are complaining about rising grocery and other prices. It's 2pm on a Saturday and the lines are a'stretchin'. And yet. A customer explains (in that smirky oh-I-know-everything way) how we should lower our prices so that even more people will want to shop at *big box supercenter*. Mmmhhmmm. And we'll have to cut back even MORE labor hours and reduce wages and etc etc etc. Yeah. You're already getting a heck of a deal, having us lose money isn't really in the business plan.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Those customers always make me laugh. Whether that's because their ideas are so patently absurd or because their stupidity is contagious and making me lose brain cells, I'm not sure.

Sounds like a customer I once had at Major Electronics Retailer. He told me he had some "advanced" education in business. Then he proceeded to describe to me his dream that one day all the companies that sell computers will one day merge into one massive computer-selling company and combine all of their sales together (like price-matching everybody) into one colossal mega-sale that would allow the public to buy computers and related equipment for pennies on the dollar and get all the promotional freebies as well, all in one-stop-shopping!

Like a fool, I tried to explain that he wanted to create a monopoly, which would have exactly the opposite effect on computer prices, but he was sure he knew more than a retail peon like me could ever understand about "good business."
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Working...
              X