Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, I work in the state of Texas, and no, I don't know much about any of the taxes, just that they're different in other states.
    To put it simply, the coupon generally erases the taxes, because without it, she would've payed $265.
    I have had several customers today who do like to hold up lines by doing 2 seperate transactions so they can use both coupons, which in a way saves them a little money. I guess I can understand why they do that though.
    I don't think the coupons are that great a deal anyway. Its just like another place I worked where they give you 10% off for siging up for a credit card. But all the 10% does is erase the 8% in taxes, so they'd actually wind up saving only 2%.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      For the record, I work in the state of Texas, and no, I don't know much about any of the taxes, just that they're different in other states.
      To put it simply, the coupon generally erases the taxes, because without it, she would've payed $265.
      I have had several customers today who do like to hold up lines by doing 2 seperate transactions so they can use both coupons, which in a way saves them a little money. I guess I can understand why they do that though.
      I don't think the coupons are that great a deal anyway. Its just like another place I worked where they give you 10% off for siging up for a credit card. But all the 10% does is erase the 8% in taxes, so they'd actually wind up saving only 2%.
      Here in San Antone, sales tax is 8.125%, but within the city limits are smaller cities, Balcones Hgts, Castle Hills, Leon Valley etc. There are different taxes there as well. My bro worked @ the Target in Balcones, and the tax there is 8.225 or some crap, so he'd occassionally get the tax-SC.

Also, we have bases where, if you can get on, you can buy @ the BX/PX, which is tax-free.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        Hmm, incidently the first coupon is a better deal since you're saving up to 20% so long as you're under $100 while the second one only saves 10% and goes down from there.

I spend too much time playing with fractions and percentages.
        that's what i was thinking too.
        It's cheaper to use the lower coupon, assuming you can use multiple copies for multiple transactions.

but yeah... death and taxes!

Comment

Yeah, people forget about tax all the time...the county that I work in has a higher tax than the one I live in and residents from that county sometimes forget that the tax is a little bit higher and I get questioned about it. I have to give mini-math lessons frequently to customers who think I'm ripping them off.

Also some people think that there is no tax on anything because food is not taxed.

Comment

I get this all the time at Subway. With sales tax the $5 footlong comes up to $5.34 so we get all kinds of people saying "WTF man that's not five dollars!"

And recently I had this exchange...

SC: Hey that's supposed to be $5!
            Me: Sorry, that's $5 without Sales Tax.
            SC: But I'm not a citizen of this country I don't pay taxes! (NOTE: he is also a college student...)
            Me: Then how're you paying for this with a student ID card?
            Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Working...
            X