This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A list of stupid things I have heard people say this week

"Whats a small?" a size you jackass, usually the one with the least volume.

"So this coupon says buy one pack of three, and get one pack of three free. Does that mean if I buy three I get three free?"

I went around in a circle with this woman for fifteen minutes.

then there was a man that did not seem to understand that my coffee shop does not serve liquor.

"But it says shots up there!!!!!111!!!!"

Sigh.
    http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Quoth Animae View Post

then there was a man that did not seem to understand that my coffee shop does not serve liquor.

o.O

I don't even drink coffee and even I'm not that dumb.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      o.O

I don't even drink coffee and even I'm not that dumb.
      I don't drink coffee either, and I was like "Shots of ESPRESSO! Argh!" >.<

...I suppose there might be shots of milk, flavoring or some other such thing also, (depending of the versatility of the coffee establishment) but my goodness!
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

So do your cappucinos taste like coffee?

Comment

What a moron. There are tons of different shots. Hell, when your doctor gives you shots, you don't expect them to be of the liquid variety!

Well, except for my doctor....but this is Key West, so that is par for the course!

And that brings up an important point....why are there no shot-slamming or shot-drinking smileys, hmmm? I think this is another conspiracy bo MADD.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Shame you don't work at the type of establishment that keeps a shotgun under the till (like some jewelery stores). Might've led to some very interesting interpretations of a man requesting a shot...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              What a moron. There are tons of different shots. Hell, when your doctor gives you shots, you don't expect them to be of the liquid variety!
              *I* hope my doctor gives me liquid shots! I don't think solids would pass through that itty bitty needle too well!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Point taken, Primer.

Let me rephrase.....

When your doctor gives you shots, you expect them to be in a syringe, NOT a shot glass.

Better?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  When your doctor gives you shots, you expect them to be in a syringe, NOT a shot glass.

Better?
                  Actually, I was given some medicine once, that the proper dose was portioned out by... using a shot glass.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Was your doctor named Greg House? O_o lol

Comment

Quoth Animae View Post
                      That's just sad.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                        I don't drink coffee either, and I was like "Shots of ESPRESSO! Argh!" >.<

...I suppose there might be shots of milk, flavoring or some other such thing also, (depending of the versatility of the coffee establishment) but my goodness!

Thank you for clearing that up. I would have been confused like the customer, but I wouldn't voice it, since I don't drink coffee.

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
                          Shame you don't work at the type of establishment that keeps a shotgun under the till (like some jewelery stores). Might've led to some very interesting interpretations of a man requesting a shot...
                          A girl can dream...
                          http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Quoth deafcat24 View Post
                            Thank you for clearing that up. I would have been confused like the customer, but I wouldn't voice it, since I don't drink coffee.
                            Sorry. I hope I didn't come off mean there. I just... I've never yet seen a coffee place have alcohol. Apparently one of my hobbies while getting herb tea is memorizing things about mixed coffee ingredients. I don't know how they stuck in my brain, it's not information I necessarily need.....

It is kind of confusing, having the same terminology. It might be a measurement sort of thing, though. I know Jamba Juice (smoothie place) has shots of wheatgrass juice. I think they have green tea shots too. (Weird memorization powers, ftw? *mumbles something about remembering odd things*)
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Animae View Post
                              "Whats a small?" a size you jackass, usually the one with the least volume.

"So this coupon says buy one pack of three, and get one pack of three free. Does that mean if I buy three I get three free?"

I went around in a circle with this woman for fifteen minutes.

Sigh.
                              People at my job ask about the sizes too. I figure they want to know how much the sizes hold.

Comment

Working...
                              X