This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ex-Customer is Never Right

Firstly, a sighting that evolved into a SC situation.

On Saturday Mr BigShot comes in. He was bragging about how he savaged someone in the vodafone call centre. He was renewing his contract and they wouldn't give him the deal he wanted. His response was the start swearing at the CSR who replied "You can't speak to me like that."

His response: "I'm the customer. i can speak to you how the f*** I want and you can;t do anything other than be nice to me."

He was bragging about this to us and was most put out when i refused to agree with him. He went off on one and announced that "you people need to learn that the customer is always right and you should be f***ing grateful for us to even aknowledge you. The customer is always right"

At which point my boss piped up with "And the ex customer is always right. A right asshole. And you sir, are an ex-customer. Effective immediately we no longer delivery to your property. Now shove off!"
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Beautiful!
    Please forward me your boss' contact info. I would like to propose to him/her.
    http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

Your boss deserves this:

Awesome. Pure awesome.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Brilliant!

What happened to the snotty customer after your boss said it?

Comment

Beautiful.

And this people, is why you never brag to a CSR. They'll be more than likely to not only disagree with you, but you may get what's coming...namely, cancellation of a service.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

You lose the right to customer service the moment that you start being verbally abusive to the people you want to do business with.

Bravo, Boggles.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I need to know how that assbag responded. I'm picturing him wetting his pants and slinking off in embarrassment, like Carrot Top when Mrs. Crabtree screamed at him in that one episode of South Park.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

For that manager:

I have to agree with the other posters: How did that PITA react? Has he been seen and/or heard from again?
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The "gentleman" in question left rather subdued without saying another word with me, the boss and another customer starin at his retreating form!

As an update his wife came in while i was at lunch and saw the boss. She apologised (i get the feeling she apologises a lot for him) and has, after much grovelling, reordered newspapers in her name. The original order was for her and her son's comic books. The boss has agreed to this on the condition that she settles the monthly account and her husband never sets foot in the shop again.
                  Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
                    The "gentleman" in question left rather subdued without saying another word with me, the boss and another customer starin at his retreating form!

As an update his wife came in while i was at lunch and saw the boss. She apologised (i get the feeling she apologises a lot for him) and has, after much grovelling, reordered newspapers in her name. The original order was for her and her son's comic books. The boss has agreed to this on the condition that she settles the monthly account and her husband never sets foot in the shop again.
                    Your boss is definitely worthy of respect even more for that. Not including the man's family in the ban is a class act.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

your boss is awesome
                      but i bet the CS never brags about *that* one. unless he lies about the outcome of course.

Comment

As we used to say in the grocery store the customer is always right until they leave the store. But that is still no exscuse for profanity.
                        I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

That was melodious to my ears!!! Your boss rocks!!!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                          X