This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost wish we did sell them...

Ten minutes before closing (of course), this woman just had to breeze in to our science center gift shop.

SC: Wearing huge sunglasses (indoors, might I add), a ton of blatantly fake gold jewelery, and speaking in the loudest voice imaginable
    Me: Unfortunately

SC: HI WHERE IS THE SCIENCE CENTER?
    Me: *Seriously, it's 10 minutes before closing and I'm fed up with the day* You're in it.
    SC: SO IS IT OPEN RIGHT NOW?
    Me: Well, you're inside it, so yea. *Duh*
    SC: VOICE THINGS!
    Me: What?
    SC: YOU KNOW, IF YOU'RE TALKING TOO LOUD!
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am, I don't know what you're trying to tell me.
    SC: OH MY GOD - DO YOU SELL THOSE THINGS THAT BEEP IF YOU'RE TALKING TOO LOUD?
    Me: No, we just sell science stuff. It's a science center gift shop.
    SC: OH MY GOD - SCIENCE STUFF! UGH!

And then she walked out making noises of disgust because we actually sold science-related merchandise at a science center. After that conversation, I almost wish we sold "voice things", whatever they are (I've never even heard of them). She could have used one.

Get the feeling that she wore hers out already?

Imagine if she asked that question while standing in front of these... things.

It would have probably sounded like the entire UPS truck fleet backing up all at once.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Buy a bark collar...in case she comes back.

Seriously, what she was looking for was likely court-ordered.

Comment

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
        SC: VOICE THINGS!
        Me: What?
        SC: YOU KNOW, IF YOU'RE TALKING TOO LOUD!
        Me: I'm sorry, ma'am, I don't know what you're trying to tell me.
        SC: OH MY GOD - DO YOU SELL THOSE THINGS THAT BEEP IF YOU'RE TALKING TOO LOUD?

A husband.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
          Me: No, we just sell science stuff. It's a science center gift shop.
          SC: OH MY GOD - SCIENCE STUFF! UGH!

And then she walked out making noises of disgust because we actually sold science-related merchandise at a science center. After that conversation, I almost wish we sold "voice things", whatever they are (I've never even heard of them). She could have used one.

STABBITY STAB STAB!!!

ok, I feel better now. Why yes, I AM a science geek. Whatever gave it away?
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            A husband.
            Yep, people are now wondering why I'm laughing all by my lil' self.
            Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

one of my friends use to always say
              STABBY McSTAB STAB

hmmm... beeps if you talk to loud...
              like she'd going to HEAR it over her voice?
              bark collar sounds much better, or that sonic-thing that amplifies the bark back at the dog.

Comment

My sister's dog hard a hard time connecting [BARK] [ZZAAPP!!]

The SC's gotta be dumber than any dog...

Would her voice give out before the batteries?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

she deserves an EXTRA special visit...for being such a GOOD and CONSIDERATE customer...

Meet my friend Shanky Mcstab....of the Clan Mcstab of course....group of ninja/rogue halflings ^_^....all from the british aisles.

I mean...come on shes DEMANDING special things...and mr. mcstab ONLY treats our VALUED customers
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                  X