Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Break - How I Loathe Thee... (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    I know what store you work in.
    Lol, I figured it out on his first post.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    You have WIC cards I'm sooo jealous (we're still using paper checks - yipe)
    Well we just recently got them, and are still getting rid of the paper crap, but for the most part yeah, we have cards. As far as I know we're the only state to move completely to a WIC EBT card system. Hopefully the other states will too. In the meantime y'all can be jealous of the awesome that is Texas!!

Comment

Maybe the cigarette hound wants to stock up on smokes before the taxes go up on April 1st. The party that 'looks out for the little guy' has increased the tax on cigarettes by 62 cents per pack.

Right now the tax on a pound of loose tobacco is $1.10. On April 1st it will increase to $24.78/lb. So, you aren't going to be able to save as much by rolling your own either.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
        Texas is NOT a cheap place to buy smokes, and the OP's store charges about $45 per carton for the generic stuff.
        Try NY state. Most of our cartons go for over $70 with the recent tax hike. Who the hell can afford $8 a pack? I don't smoke (besides, how could I afford it?), but it cracks me up to hear politicians talking how they're increasing taxes to reduce smoking in our state and then complain how fewer people are smoking and so they're not collecting as many taxes as they want
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
          Maybe the cigarette hound wants to stock up on smokes before the taxes go up on April 1st. The party that 'looks out for the little guy' has increased the tax on cigarettes by 62 cents per pack.

Right now the tax on a pound of loose tobacco is $1.10. On April 1st it will increase to $24.78/lb. So, you aren't going to be able to save as much by rolling your own either.
          Emphasis mine.

Politics belong on fratching. Not here.
          Last edited by Dips; 03-25-2009, 08:58 PM.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
            The Cigarette Hound
            "Why the hell is he buying 15 cartons of cigarettes?..."
            My guess is that this guy lived in a high-tobacco tax area. I used to do that sort of thing when I lived in the City (Chicago) and traveled to Indiana or other low-tobacco tax (relative, more often than not) areas. I could buy a carton in South Bend for less than half what I paid in Chicago. Understand I was still living with a smoker at this time.
            WIC WoesShe gets angry. 'I chose these items! I want these!' I keep calm, saying again, 'They are not the WIC eligible products.' She goes on, saying, 'But I don't want the cheap ones!'

'Why not?' I ask. She says, 'Because those are the welfare items! I want the good items!' I go a bit wide-eyed. If she didn't want those items, why did she apply for the benefit? And secondly, it's not 'welfare' items! The food is perfectly good. Cheap doesn't mean 'bad.'
            Another Jasper Award nominee...Why didn't you just say so.

As alcohol level goes up, intelligence goes downI don't want to get him angry, so I go and get his cigarettes, but I keep them out of his reach once I ring them up. Once I get to the total screen, I'm now sure he is intoxicated. How intoxicated, you ask? Let me put it this way. He thinks that he can pay for his beer and smokes with his food stamp card.
            Wow two (2) Jasper nominees in one post. BTW what state allows booze and smokes with food stamps?

Have a good stiff drink--you'll feel better in the morning.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Woah, wait, 15 CARTONS? I had to re-read that.

I knew people who bought that many and re-sold the packs individually. Is that perhaps the case?
              "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I want to drive a Porsche 911 Turbo.
                No you don't. The engine's in the wrong place.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  Who the hell can afford $8 a pack?
                  Where I live you can't get a pack for under $10. *shrug*

Comment

The bottom line is that the OP offered to split it into 3 transactions, so he was still getting what he wanted, but 'wasn't happy'.

My question would be: Why wasn't he happy? He got what he wanted, just had to wait an extra, what - two minutes max, to do it in 3 transactions instead of one.

It just proves the point that no good deed goes unpunished. Whenever you try to help and find a solution, they STILL find a way to piss and moan about it. It's so much easier to stick to the rules for assholes like that.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                    X