Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's just no satisfying some people...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's just no satisfying some people...

Two comments from our latest round of customer service surveys, taken when we were still the land of the ice and snow:

"There was 9 inches of snow on the ground in the parking lot. Nobody was getting rid of it. Very unsafe. Is this what you do every time there's a snowstorm?! Did you think nobody would be out shopping?"

and

"Heavy snow day. I was the only customer in the store. I saw two floor people goofing around and talking instead of helping me. Will not be back unless something is done about them."

WTF is wrong with you people? You're willing to risk your neck driving out in a fucking snowstorm just to shop?

It's these kinds of people that cause corporate to decide not to close down a store for anything less than the impending end of the world.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    It's these kinds of people that cause corporate to decide not to close down a store for anything less than the impending end of the world.

Heck, probably not even then

Comment

Feeling for ya, Irv. Don't get too excited, it seems way be the land of ice and snow yet again at least for the earlier portion of next week. *cries and throws TV out the window*

I can never wrap my head around people having to go shopping in the worst possible weather.

There are two different types of people in Wisconsin, it seems. People like my coworkers who will call in sick when we get a dusting of snow, and people who insist on going to Wal-Mart when we're in the middle of an 8-10 inch snowdump.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
        Heck, probably not even then
        Psh, Kroger didn't close their stores for Hurricane until the water was coming over the seawall in Galveston and even then they only closed the Galveston store. My store didn't close till the wind was over 20 MPH! Actually I think it was more than that, but yeah I bet we'll be open during the end of the world. No doubt here.

Comment

Of course you can't close the store if the world's ending!

People might need bottled water and lawn furniture!
          Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

i guarantee all the higher-ups, y'know, the ones that have offices and stuff, don't come into work those days. they're probably off holidays, too.
            To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
            my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
              i guarantee all the higher-ups, y'know, the ones that have offices and stuff, don't come into work those days. they're probably off holidays, too.
              Of course. Remember they're "important" people. Didn't you get the memo? "Important" people don't work on holidays or risk their necks during natural disasters...At least not at work....they might go shopping though.

Comment

Did the SCs figure you had some hidden switch that would magically turn off all the snow near the store or something?

1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Two comments from our latest round of customer service surveys, taken when we were still the land of the ice and snow:

"There was 9 inches of snow on the ground in the parking lot. Nobody was getting rid of it. Very unsafe. Is this what you do every time there's a snowstorm?! Did you think nobody would be out shopping?"

and

"Heavy snow day. I was the only customer in the store. I saw two floor people goofing around and talking instead of helping me. Will not be back unless something is done about them."

WTF is wrong with you people? You're willing to risk your neck driving out in a fucking snowstorm just to shop?

these would be the same people who would demand pizza delivery just after the end of the world and my company would accomodate them just to get the sale $$$$
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Okay, first of all, what this survey respondent probably saw was not two employees "goofing around and talking" and ignoring him/her. What he/she probably saw was two employees moving product around and discussing how to work around the latest impossible planogram sent down from corporate, thus being a little too focused on one aspect of their jobs. Bothersome to the customer, yes, but not a serious offense. He/she probably didn't even ask for help but stood there staring at the employees waiting for their clairvoyance to kick in.

Second, he/she wants "something done about them"? What, does that mean he/she wants the employees fired before honoring the store with his/her presence again? What the is it with customers thinking that any perceived discourtesy against them from any employee is grounds for termination? Do they get fired forwarding an email to the wrong person or ordering the wrong type of pen for the supply closet? NO! But they want retail/service workers fired for stuff just as petty.

Let them go with that idea long enough and soon they'll want the death penalty for the perpetrator of any crime, from murder all the way down to taking up two parking spaces.

/rant

Sorry. That one's been bothering me for a long time now.
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                      Second, he/she wants "something done about them"? What, does that mean he/she wants the employees fired before honoring the store with his/her presence again?

No its because those two employees didn't run over to her drop to their knees and beg of her what they could do for her. That is why she wants something done about them. They didn't kiss her ass fast enough. My store is getting just about this lame and its getting time to go.
                      Last edited by crazylegs; 03-25-2009, 04:34 PM. Reason: Trimmed mega quote

Comment

yeh you kidding?
                        "End of the world sale! All sales final!"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          "What do you mean you can't give refunds after the apocalypse? THAT'S BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE"
                          Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
                            "What do you mean you can't give refunds after the apocalypse? THAT'S BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE"
                            Gimme a gift card for all my pain and suffering!

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              yeh you kidding?
                              Quoth Drakstern View Post
                              Quoth crazylegs View Post
                              Gimme a gift card for all my pain and suffering!

And management/corporate would give them a gift card. At least I would, after all they can't use it after the Apocalypse.

Comment

Working...
                              X