This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not what reasonable means

Today one of our courtessy borrowers call in about a book he needs to return. For reference courtesy borrowers are just borrowers that aren't affiliated with the university and have to purchase a library card. It was due today but could not be renewed because someone else had requested it.

Apperantly I should think it's reasonable not to fine him because he didn't know it was due until he recieved an email notice yesterday. Not like we print a reciept with a due date, have your record online, or can look up your record if you call in. Nope no way to know at all

When I tried to explain how it worked he asked to be transfered to a supervisor who probably gave in to his demands.

Ah well the day isn't completly lost. I found some dvds of old Doctor Who episodes to watch and someone lost a cool looking usb key that I need to stop playing with.
    Last edited by Soulstealer; 03-25-2009, 03:29 PM.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

ooo your library carries dr who dvds?

*drool*....
    which doctor?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      ooo your library carries dr who dvds?

*drool*....
      which doctor?

That's what I was just going to ask, I am going to check out my library's dvd selection to see if they do too.
      Tamezin

Comment

Unfortuantly our Doctor Who dvds are pretty limited, I could only get the first one.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I thought we all knew that, in a customer's mind, 'reasonable' means 'giving in to my demands no matter how crazy and/or stupid they are, no matter how much I may be at fault.'
          Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

If I were the student who had requested the book, but couldn't get it because of the spineless manager, I would have been PISSED! What's the point of reserving a book if some asshat is just going to keep it longer than he should?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              If I were the student who had requested the book, but couldn't get it because of the spineless manager, I would have been PISSED! What's the point of reserving a book if some asshat is just going to keep it longer than he should?
              He doesn't get to keep the book, he was arguing that he didn't have to pay the fine for returning it late because he had no way of knowing when it was due.

Management has never been good on forcing people to pay late fines to the point where I've had students be suprised that we charge late fees at all.

Comment

Working...
              X