This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things That Roll...

As told by my good friend Faefaulken; happened recently while she was working at [grocery store]. She told me about it today and I offered to write it here for her. She's the sweetest girl, and is very rarely upset to the point of complaining about anything, so I figured tis to be post-worthy.

This woman comes up to me. She is out of breath, and she tells me that she is tired. Then she asks me if I could go fetch the "thing you use for support that you roll." The only thing we have at [grocery store] are the electric wheelchairs (electric cart, etc.) and grocery carts. She was standing right next to the grocery carts, so I knew that she was talking about something else.

I was thinking that she was talking about the walkers that had baskets mounted on the front of them. So, I said, "We don't have those, but we do have the electric wheelchair. Would you like me to go fetch it for you?"

She then says that it wasn't the electric wheelchair. And when I told her that we didn't have what she was talking about (which, was the truth, because we DID NOT have what she described. You don't roll a wheelchair. You ride in it), she got angry and walked off.

Later, she comes up to me riding the electric wheelchair and said, "this is what I was talking about."

I then said, "Oh! You mean the electric wheelchair?" (I had to keep myself from sounding sarcastic at this point).

She almost screamed, "It's not called an electric wheechair!" (But she never said what it was called, because she obviously didn't know).

I apologized, because it was better than cursing her out, but instead of appreciating this, she just said, "Don't apologize! I'm just telling you!"

If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to keep my job, I would've called her a fucking idiot. I dislike it when people do stupid things, and then try to make you look like the idiot because of their own foolish mistakes. I try not to think about it, but is still ticks me off. I don't like it when people walk all over me when I'm trying to be nice.

End~.

Things that roll:

Heads.

Comment

XD; I very literally lol'd, thanks.

Comment

Marbles.

She's lost them.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
        X