This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer demands a manager because we wouldn't break the law for him

I arrived at the petrol station where I work this afternoon and noticed that someone was picking up a pump and then immediately putting it down again. He came into the shop whinging about the pump not being turned on for him and he was told to put the pump in his van and it would be turned on.

After he put in his fuel and came back into the shop he got all sucky and demanded to speak to a manager because he had been ignored for so long before his pump was turned on. Our manager had left for the day so he was told to go and complain to the customer service desk and after he left I was told by one of my CW's that he was standing there waving his pump around to get our attention and she was trying to signal to him to put it in his van.

Obviously because he wasn't doing that my CW's weren't authorising his pump because of it being illegal to do so if it isn't in a vehicle, so he took that to mean that he was being deliberately ignored and got all sucky about it. He admitted to the woman on the customer service desk that he was waving the pump about so he was given short shrift.

Isn't a van a vehicle?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      Isn't a van a vehicle?
      I think you misread the story. The guy was waving the pump around instead of putting it in the van, hence the OP saying it's illegal to authorize the pump before it's actually in the vehicle.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Isn't a van a vehicle?
        Yes, but he wasn't putting the nozzle into the tank, he was waving it around. Since the pump wasn't in the vehicle (the van) they wouldn't turn on the flow.

Comment

"Sir, unless you want to pay for this fill with $10,000 and up to 5 years in jail, it's not happening."
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

We are always having people who just stand there holding the pump and not put it in their car, so we have to tell them to do so before we can allow them to fill up. The annoying thing is that it is the same people every single time.

Comment

Working...
            X