This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dips View Post
    Maybe he's a germaphobe and doesn't want to touch a computer that other people have touched?

Or an extreme technophobe.

Or one of those people who thinks punching orders in is the employee's job and he'll be damned if he's going to do someone else's job without being paid for it.

That's the most likely option. He will think that having to do it himself isn't being given customer service.

Comment

Danny & Clyde's, a combination el-cheapo-gas-station/convenience store/really good po-boy shop here installed those things a couple of years ago, right about the time they started getting rid of some veteran workers and replacing them with guys who ...er...have issue understanding English at times (at certain locations).

I can certainly understand using this to make things faster and more efficient -- I have no problem using them -- but they do feel impersonal. Also, these guys still manage to screw something up even with the paper saying everything RIGHT THERE o_O

Sorry if I sound SCish here, but how hard is "hot roast beef, 2x extra gravy, easy mayo (not dressed/no other condiments)" to do...? >_> And yet, at some of their locations, they manage to mess this up 1 time in 5, just as bad as Wendy's here...I just stopped going to the bad one; with Wendy's here, that's not an option. They all suck, and are all apparently capable of screwing up "2 burgers ketchup only"...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
        Or maybe he's just a lazy dick?
        oh, I hate lazy dicks... I much prefer the active ones... err...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Why Smiley, you naughty boy.

Did the screen have pictures or did you need to read in order to enter things correctly? Did anyone else think that this guy might be illiterate? I worked with a teenager once who was a hard worker, but made certain mistakes over and over again. We began to realize he couldn't read. He quit shortly thereafter, I assume either due to frustration or feeling ashamed.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Did the screen have pictures or did you need to read in order to enter things correctly? Did anyone else think that this guy might be illiterate?
            Certainly possible, but ths guy's last statement below makes it sound like he WON'T use the comp, rather than CAN'T.

Quoth Leztwerp View Post

SRG- Aren't you going to help me?

Me- I'll help you If you put in your order

SRG- I've never touched that computer, never have, never will
            I don't like these things, either, but I use them without complaint once I'm there.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Did anyone else think that this guy might be illiterate?

Had this exact scenario. Introduction of the touchscreen ordering, many quick adopters, many SCs, some reluctant adopters. And Bear. HUUUUUUGE Streets and Sans guy. Just would not do it. I eventually noticed that he always asked about the soups of the day despite them being clearly posted and made the deduction. Turns out his crew had been carrying him "reading-wise" for twenty years (which I found out from one of his buddies). Which I would have too - besides being nice as they come, he looked like he could lift about six tons in each hand. I never let on, and even continued to tease him occasionally that those soups were right behind him.

Comment

Working...
              X