Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to buy the product in order to use the coupon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to buy the product in order to use the coupon!

A couple came to my register a few weeks ago and handed me 3 coupons. The third one was close to the product they bought, but not exactly as it said on the coupon. I went back and forth with them for a moment about it. They kept badgering me to hand key it in the register. "Just do it, just do it". That night the store manager was on duty and he always sides with the customers, so I went ahead and did it. I felt dirty afterwards.

Fast forward to last night. They're back and seemed headed directly to my register. This alerts me. They must think I'm going to do the coupon for thing for them again if they put me under enough pressure.

The woman got black grapes, but the green grapes were on sale. She said to me "Pretend these are green grapes." Um...let's not. She kept insisting. I finally said nothing and just rang them up, at the regular price. She stopped hounding me about it, but I think she thinks I gave them to her for the green grape price.

Here come the coupons. One was for an item she didn't buy. I told her this and her response was to "try". I tried. It wouldn't go through. She tells me to hand key it in. I inform her that an 8 pack of Activia yogurt, what she bought, is nowhere near the same as a 6 pack of Dannon Drinkable yogurts, what the coupon was for in the first place.

She informs me that Activia is Dannon product and I need to hand key it in. Again, this "Just do it!" mantra comes from her and her spouse's lips. I feel like I'm in in a bad afterschool special featuring coupons instead of drugs. Store manager is not there tonight (thank goodness), so I call upon the on duty manager. Who, again, explained to the couple that the must buy the product they have the coupon for and we don't make substitutions based on the products being from the same company.

Judging on their grumbling as they left, I don't think they'll come back to my register again if they can help it.
    "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
    George Carlin

Lol, what if that worked for different products.

I want this fully loaded Acura TSX at the Honda Civic base model price. Just do it! Acura is a Honda product anyway!

If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Whyme View Post
      I feel like I'm in in a bad afterschool special featuring coupons instead of drugs.

"Come on! It'll make you COOL if you let me use this coupon! Everybody's doing it!"
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post

"Come on! It'll make you COOL if you let me use this coupon! Everybody's doing it!"
        Don't do it, everyone knows Danon is the gateway coupon

Comment

Didn't Chrysler buy Mercedes at one point? Can I get a Mercedes at the price of a Chrysler, please? BUT I SAID PLEEEEEEAAAASE!
          "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

See, I'll usually give in when a reasonable argument is made. Because honestly, wasting my time/customer's time/fellow associates time just isn't worth a dollar or two. It's worth it just to shut the customer up and keep them happy.

But.

If I think you're taking advantage or being an ass, tough luck buddy. At the end of the day, if someone get's in trouble for improperly ringing a coupon, it will be me. Therefore I will politely tell you no way Jose and if you press the point, I will gladly go out of my way to call a CSM, have you wait impatiently for umpteen minutes until one shows up and then have them tell you the same thing. If you behave like an ass, I WILL price check that bottle of Tide to see if I really should discount it another fifty cents. If you were nice I'd just do it. Policy is a bitch mkay.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I want a Mercury *fancy car* for teh price of this really cheap Ford! C'mon, Mercury's and Fords are the same caaaaaaaaaaar!"

FYI, A Mercury Sable and the Ford Taurus are the same model of car... but only that model.
              "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
              ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Working...
              X