This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, aren't you special.

Did you see that? Do you read that? That is an actual response I got from someone today. Now, make it drip with venomous sarcasm. Perfect.

SC: Sarcastic
    Me: Well, I was going to help you.

SC: Can you tell me where 99 is?
    Me: *I pause and think. I know where most major highways in Houston are but I am unfamiliar with this one.* 99? I actually don't know but I can look it up. *helpful as always.*
    SC: Well, aren't you special.
    Me: Excuse me?
    SC: *with one of those shit-eating-grins on her face* You can get lost out here, can't you?
    Me: ......I've only lived here a year and a half. I don't know everything.
    SC: *still grinning, getting creepy* Really.

No, that was no a question. That was a statement. I printed the her map and told her, verbally (because Stupid can't read), how to get to 99 and returned to my work.

Fuck you very much.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Wow, you always seem so pleasant (or at least that's what you'd like us to believe ) Clearly this woman pushed your buttons and had no idea it would cost her cookies.

Response to "Well aren't you special":
    -Yes. Yes I am.
    -I'm not a GPS, ma'am
    -Here's your map, ma'am. Sorry, I can't really point out where on the map, I don't know how to read them very well.
    -Gee, it seems I don't have a map, but I just remembered it's ten miles thatta way and then take the exit north for a few miles and there it is (best if this is some random direction nowhere near where she's heading. Hey, I can dream, right?)
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I think after the special part I would have stopped helping and told her to get her info somewhere else.

Comment

I think would have had to stopped helping her and told her 'Take the first right, go five miles, take another right, go 2 miles and take another right and you'll see it.." heehhehhe
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

*point at the maps for sale*

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            No, that was no a question. That was a statement. I printed the her map and told her, verbally (because Stupid can't read), how to get to 99 and returned to my work.

Fuck you very much.
            Well, I'm not sure where highway 99 is, but I can help you find the door.
            Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-28-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

nice directions

When i was a yute I had the pleasure of working in a gas station on Rt 17 in Ramsey NJ. My cw and I had just finished a mad rush in the pouring rain and I had just taken off my slicker. A mercedes benz pulled up in front of the office and started honking for me to come out. I waved for the person to come in and he angrily shook his head and leaned on the horn. I jumped back into the slicker and went outside (still pouring). The entitlement nut asked me where a certain place was and I angrily told him I did not know (it was at the exit 50ft up the road). What an a^&hole.

Comment

What a jerk. Sorry if the people at hotels are supposed to have the knowledge of a GPS map of the state/country you're in. Stupid asshole.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I remember an older guy asking me the quickest directions from our hotel to Hannibal (Where Mark Twain was from). In the middle of showing him on the map where it was i made the mistake of mentioning that I was unsure if this was the quickest way since i had never been there. He cut me off, gave me a dirty look and said "Than what the hell am i asking you for?" grabbed the map and walked out.

His hostility came out of nowhere. Maybe he was from the same planet your lady was from.

Comment

99? Is that the real number? I've lived here my whole life and never heard of it...Oh wait no it sounds familiar... *does Google search* Oh okay I have heard of it, of course I know it as the future Grand Parkway. Still I never knew were existing sections were, now I know.

And EQ, you are special. Very special.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      I think after the special part I would have stopped helping and told her to get her info somewhere else.
                      I agree. After that little statement, I would have told her have a nice day, and gone back to my work.
                      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I just wanted that person out of the hotel.

Can you believe this? She had the GALL to ask me if we had any rooms available. I told her yes and I was wait, WAITING, for her to stay "I want one" or something similar.

I was planning on saying no since we CAN say no to rude people.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          I was planning on saying no since we CAN say no to rude people.
                          that kind of reminds me of my new pet peeve (sorry for the slight thread jack)... but the people who call and ask if we have rooms and I say "yes, I still have a suite available at $109"... and they say "oh, only suites, no rooms?"

umm... a suite, believe it or not, is a type of room... Twat.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Guy walked into the truck stop I worked in.

No, no, strike that. Guy stalked into the truck stop I worked in.

He waved a bill of lading in my face. He was looking for a business on North Chestnut Drive.

I told him, "Well, I've never heard of it but..."

He cut me off, "Well, aren't you fuckin' worthless, then." Just packed with venom and anger. And then he spun on his heel and stalked back out.

The guy behind him in line stood there with his mouth hanging open and eyes wide.

I watched the other fellow leave, as he walked out the door, I wondered out loud, "Wonder if I should have told that fella he's at the southern end of Chestnut, and what he's looking for is about 10 miles that way. Hmm."

Wide-eyed Guy had watched Angry Guy leave. He looked back at me and said, "You knew where he needed to go?"

"Well, I've never heard of the place, but I do know we're at the SOUTH end of Chestnut, here, and by the street number he's looking for, he 's looking for where Chestnut ends, 10 miles that way, and if he wasn't such a jackass, he might have found that out. But then a guy with a CDL <note: Commercial Driver's License--big rig driver> who can't read that from his map's got no business driving a truck, anyway."

Wide-eyed Guy said, "I see your point."

Good times.
                            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Back when I worked in Boston tourists would occasionally stop me and ask for directions. Since I took the T and walked everywhere I was a little weak on how to drive places, but I could usually get them going in the right direction, you know?

99% of the folks appreciated my attempt, even if I wasn't much help to them.

There was this one RUDE asshole who didn't like the fact that I didn't know the exact directions and wouldn't stop asking.

Then when my answer didn't magically change he started insulting me, the city, and everyone in it.

I though to myself that if he didn't like it there, he needed to just go home. And that's when I got my horrible, AWFUL idea and put it into action:

Me: Actually, I just remembered. You go through three lights and take a right onto Rte 90. It's right across from the end of the first exit ramp.

Him: Finally! Jesus! How hard was that? [or something to that effect; it was a long time ago]

I just waved good bye.

Why was that a terrible thing to do?

1. At this point you've figured out Rte 90 was not the road he wanted. BUT it was the way home for him and the road he NEEDED.

2. There are no exits on Rte. 90 westbound until you get to Allston. I don't know exactly how far it is, but it's not anywhere near where he wanted to be.

3. The Allston exit is AFTER the tollbooth.

4. It was late afternoon. Rush hour. On a major artery leaving the city.

And no, I normally wouldn't do that to someone just because they're lost and cranky. I'm usually good at getting cranky people to calm down so I can work with them. If I do something like that to you, you really, REALLY asked for it.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X