This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What buisness is it of yours?

First off, I have this copper ring that I always wear, that my boyfriend gave me. I never take it off really , and I have gotten a few customers commenting on it, because I wear it on my left ring finger. I had one the other day that really got under my skin, the customer asked "Is that a copper ring?". I replied "Yep!" and his response was an irritating mocking laughter. My guess was he was thinking something like "Look at the poor cashier who can't even afford a real wedding ring." Another customer seemed to actually be mad at me for wearing it. Our conversation went like this:

SC: Is that a copper wedding ring?
    Me: Yeah but it's not a wedding ring.
    SC: Engagement ring?
    Me: No
    SC: Promise ring?
    Me: No
    SC: Then why are you wearing it!?!?!?!!!111!!!!
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

O.o
    Some people are really strange. (Captain Obvious to the rescue!) I know that I personally prefer wearing less costly jewelry. Makes for less worry.

How rude of them.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I applaud you for not wearing the standard gold, as well as for not caring what others think. Just remember, your boyfriend gave it to you, it feels good to wear it, and by god you can wear it on any darn finger you like. Screw ignorant people

Comment

yes, I'll second RHPG's applause.
        I'll actually go one step further and say that if anyone gives you crap about it wearing a copper ring, look them straight in the face and say "well, my boyfriend loves me enough that he doesn't have to spend large amounts of money to prove it"

Then again, I"m the type who enjoys reminding other people that what makes them happy is all good and fine, but don't try to convince me that what makes me happy shouldn't.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I plan on making a copper ring for myself. It is actually going to be my next project.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Next time, I might actually take a look at their finger and see if they're actually wearing any kind of ring themselves. And if not, then what right does someone like that have laughing at you for what kind of precious metal it's made from? Who cares? If I had been your customer, I most likely would not have even said a word being I never thought about commenting about a person's hands before, let alone what's on them.

Comment

Just remember, those who scoff about high priced baubles are never truly happy. It's the people who can enjoy the simple pleasures of life, like a copper ring, or a gorgeous sunset, who are the ones who get the most enjoyment out of life.

Comment

I prefer non-standard jewelry materials. I have found the design concepts available in standard forms is pedantry or expected. (at least in the stuff that I can afford)

I get a bigger bang for my buck too, which I really like.

Bottom line is, it is yours, it is special to you, and no one can or should be able to take that away from you.
                Tamezin

Comment

I had a friend who took a jewelry making course. At the end of the year, they did a project in copper. She made herself a whole wedding set - a little tiara-style thing to hold her veil, a flowered necklace and earrings, and stayed after class to make matching pendants for her bridesmaids. She has this pitch black hair, so it showed up really dramatically in the pictures.

So don't let people bother you about a copper ring. Some people wear copper to their weddings.

Comment

Personally, when I get married I want to throw everyone for a loop by specifying mahogany rings.

A cookie if you get the pun.

Comment

Me and the hubby are having a argument about rings.He bought me a REALLY nice ring for anniversary(a 2000 one)that I wear with my cheap engagement ring. We bought the engangement ring when we were young and broke. Well now that the hubby is raking in the dough he wants to replace the ring with a really expensive one.Well I told him no.I told him that the ring came from him and I don't care how much it cost.It was only a 200.00 ring and I still won't let him,I think its silly So I say screw them.Its sad that people need to make fun of someone else's stuff. The ring means a lot to you and that all that matters.And wait until you're married and then everything he buys you,you really cherish because he's your hubby.

Comment

Quoth Voldine View Post
                        Personally, when I get married I want to throw everyone for a loop by specifying mahogany rings.

A cookie if you get the pun.
                        Sounds like monogamy?

Comment

I'd suggest you wear that copper ring on a middle finger. That way if any douchewaffles ask you about it, you can give them a closer look.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
                            SC: Then why are you wearing it!?!?!?!!!111!!!!
                            [GEORGE CARLIN] BECAUSE I KILLED A MAN IN PRISON FOR ASKING @#$%-ing QUESTIONS! [/GEORGE CARLIN]
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                              Just remember, those who scoff about high priced baubles are never truly happy. It's the people who can enjoy the simple pleasures of life, like a copper ring, or a gorgeous sunset, who are the ones who get the most enjoyment out of life.
                              I second that.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X