Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing that the main reason why the SC said "Well then why are you wearing it???!Eleventy!" is because the left ring finger is traditionally the wedding band or engagement/promise ring finger.

So to that question I would say

Because I want to!!

I think it's silly to save a finger for a specific ring.
    I've known people who wear a ring on each finger, and married people who don't wear them at all. She was just miffed that you weren't conforming to her traditional views.

Go you!
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ~George Carlin.

Comment

When my husband proposed to me, I naturall started showing off the ring. One of our friends grabbed my hand, inspected the ring, and looked at my husband and said, "Nice zircon!" I looked him square in the eye and replied, "The diamond ones were ugly."

(They were, btw. And sadly, because I ended up having to wear my set on a cord due to metal allergies, I lost it. Now we're looking at getting a set from here as an anniversary present. Strangely enough, aluminum is the only metal I don't seem to be allergic to. )
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Not a fan of diamonds.....if the boy ever proposes, I'd like something unique (not sure what)

(that being said, while I don't like diamonds, I *do* like alexandrites,,,,tee hee)

Wear what you like, esp if it means something important to you
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I love that etsy shop.

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
            If I could make a small suggestion - have you thought of wearing it around your neck on a chain? That way it could be with you at all times but not causing you pain.
            Ah! Beat me to it!

Back to the OP.....

Your copper ring is just as 'valuable' as any ring anyone else wears because of it's sentimental value. One of my rings is a poorly made ring that my mum bought for me when we went on a roadtrip for her birthday. It's nothing special, in terms of the jewellery market, but I wear it everyday
            -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
            -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I'm still trying to forge the One Ring....
              so much for attempt #638....back to the forge in the fires of Mt Doom.....
              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

If, god forbid, I ever propesed to someone it would be with a ring I made myself, I'm going for a wodd ring with inlaid metal and stones.

But I like to punish myself apparently.
                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
                X