Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to do the retail laugh with the customers, much like the retail smile. We are all damn good actresses/actors except we get paid less. But after awhile it gets REALLY hard to keep laughing/smiling. I've gotten to the 'heh' point at times where I am too exhausted to even attempt to make them feel better when lame comes out of their mouths.

SC: *holds out a hundred dollar bill* Can I get six twenties?
    Me: Sorry, no. just five.
    SC: hahaha I just had to see if you would.

Sadly if someone is really tired, numbers DO stick in our heads and not thinking about it, it could happen, so STOP doing that. It's NOT funny.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      This is the point where you take ten pounds (in weight, not monetary units) and drop it on his head. Repeatedly.
      Now THAT'S funny.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

I know a barteneder that went to the local Half Price Books and bought a variety of cheap kids joke books.
        When the regulars with the bad jokes show up - she hands them the book and tells them when they find an original joke that makes her laugh the next happy price drink is on her.
        And she does follow through. If she gets a good new joke she will buy them promised beverage. Only good for those she makes the offer to.

Comment

Working...
        X