This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes Strikes Again!

Wanna discover the answers to the complex mysteries of our science center gift shop? Don't worry, Detective Dinkus is on the case.

SC - who evidently wishes they were a private eye
    Me -

SC: Do you all have an elevator in here?
    Me: No, unfortunately- *interrupted*
    SC: OH I KNOW! It's because this building is too old! Older buildings don't have elevators! Did you know that?
    I'm just a dumb cashier, so I sure didn't! Great work, Sherlock!

But do the mysteries end there? Perish the thought!

SC: If there anything else to do here?
    Me: Yea we have some exhibits - *interrupted*
    SC: OH I GET IT! You have more things to see just through that door! Did you know that?
    Wow, I've worked here for years and never noticed that we actually have stuff on display in this science center! Are you related to Dick Tracey?

But there's still one more case to solve!

SC: What's this? A rock on a stick?*holding up rock candy*
    Me: Actually, it's - *seriously, interrupted, yet again*
    SC: OH I UNDERSTAND NOW! I can see from the label that it's actually rock candy! Did you know that this is actually candy, and not just a rock?
    Oh shoot, and here I was thinking I'd been eating rocks for the past several years! Thanks for enlightening me, Einstein!

Seriously, I work here every day. I know why old buildings like ours don't have elevators. I know what's located where in our science center. I know that the candy - conveniently labeled, 'candy' - is candy. If she'd let me get a word in, she'd see that she's actually not the super sleuth she apparently thinks she is. But maybe she just doesn't want to face the reality that she is, in fact, imposing and dumb.
    Last edited by GiftShopGirl; 03-31-2009, 09:07 PM.

He's the reason condoms were invented...DID YOU KNOW THAT?!!!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Hey, annoying customer, did you know if you fall to your knees and unzip my pants you can get free lottery tickets? DID YOU KNOW THAT!?! What's that, you say? There's no lottery tickets down there? OH, I GET IT!!!

Comment

My brain hurts after reading that, especially the rock candy. Wow...someone needs to realize that other people may actually notice things too and she's doesn't have to pull the whole Captain Obvious routine.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Perhaps this person was developmentally disabled in some way? Otherwise, ow! my brain!

Comment

What a confusing person... I wonder if he really thought he was helping you out by explaining blatantly obvious things to you?

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
            Did you know that this is actually candy, and not just a rock?
            Not JUST a rock, huh? So they DO put rocks in the rock candy....
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Wade View Post
              Hey, annoying customer, did you know if you fall to your knees and unzip my pants you can get free lottery tickets? DID YOU KNOW THAT!?! What's that, you say? There's no lottery tickets down there? OH, I GET IT!!!
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post

SC: What's this? A rock on a stick?*holding up rock candy*
                Me: Actually, it's - *seriously, interrupted, yet again*
                SC: OH I UNDERSTAND NOW! I can see from the label that it's actually rock candy! Did you know that this is actually candy, and not just a rock?

"Maybe so, but it still hurts when I whip it at your head as hard as I can. Permit me to demonstrate..."
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X