X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Drakstern View Post
    The best vacation is a staycation.
    Agreed!

My husband and I tend to get a lot of vacation time but with our financial situation can usually only leave town perhaps once or twice a year, within the state...and then maybe every 2-3 years go to Vegas or Seattle or someplace.

But honestly, even though it's good to get out of the house now and then...if I were a millionaire I would still probably just enjoy staying home, ordering in, and doing whatever I want - WoW, watch TV, D&D, board games, whatever, more than actually going somewhere.

I am weird I know.

I would still take the opportunity to travel and see the world, and it would be enjoyable...but ultimately for pure relaxation, it's all about staying home for me.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      Guest: what kind of grass?
      It's the best kind of grass.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      Wow... I didn't know jellyfish could be managers.
      I take you haven't been here long? The rare managers are the ones that aren't jellyfish.

Quoth Drakstern View Post
      The best vacation is a staycation.
      Amen to that. Those have always been my favorite.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        Wow... I didn't know jellyfish could be managers.

No vacation is "perfect". That lady is in for a WORLD of disappointment.
        A vacations only ruined if u LET it be ruined.

I went to Vegas in the spring... I won NOTHING. I was out $3000 when I got back home (thats not just gambling, it's food/hotel/gifts for friends etc.) but still. do i wish I hadn't spent so much? Sure. but did me and my friend have a blast. you bet. it rocked.

although after reading Daves post... hmm.. I feel like I might cry knowing that fern I saw was only pruned TWICE a month and not 3 times.. BOO HOO. lol

seriously Dave, I've read your posts and i've gotta go with what alot of people on this board are saying.. how do you not quit your job? or (option B). kill all your customers!!!
        Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Believe it or not, my BEST vacation I ever had gave me a black eye, a sand-burned (you know, the kind that takes your skin off?) shoulder, and six cactus prickers in the back of my knee and one in my finger. But damn did I ever have the time of my LIFE on that vacation. Certainly not perfect, but as close as I could get.

Comment

I sincerely hope they pay you decently because of all the BS you put up with. I'd have cracked a LONG time ago. You must have a LOT of patience!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I keep picturing him talking to HAL9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. "Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question....Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this....My mind is going. I can feel it." Yeah, creepy.
              Count me in, too! And I thought I was the only one... Seriously, Dave, I am endlessly entertained by your posts, but I don't understand why you don't quit.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X