Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else thinking of Tobias' commercial audition from Arrested Development?

"OH GOD, WE'RE HAVING A FIRE... sale."
    Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
      Hmmm, at Meijer the fire doors have signs that say they have to be pushed for fifteen seconds before they will open.
      Another tidbit about Meijer, if there is a fire they actually expect us employees to grab a fire extinquisher and go battle the flames.

Like that's gonna happen.

We have drills quite often where they page Dept 75 to random area of store (or whatever the hell the number is for fire) over the intercom three times. When we hear that we're supposed to get an extinquisher and go to that area.

As far as I know, no one ever does it except maybe a manager or two.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

I was in the middle of a similar situation down here in South Florida a couple of years ago. They evacuated us. I heard later that the person responsible was arrested for doing the same thing across the street at the Beall's store.
        Last edited by Mike Taylor; 04-10-2009, 04:08 AM.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Reminds me of a story I've mentioned here a few times.

Long story short, my mom worked for many years at a department store. Two exciting things happened one night:

The main event of the evening was a guy chasing another guy through the store with a gun.

The secondary event of the evening was that someone took advantage of that chaos to set the children's department on fire. Fortunately, they got it out before it could do more than smoke up the store.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Let's sing it the SC way.....

"The store, the store, the store is on fire

The store, the store, the store is on fire

We don't need to stop shopping, let the m*** f**** burn.

Burn m**** f******, BURRRRNNN!"

Comment

Working...
            X