This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Rude

Wow, so I haven't posted a new story in a while, but after getting this one I felt it was time. This didn't happen to me, but I was next to my coworker when he got this guy.

So it's a pretty slow night (Wednesdays usually are) and I'm busy putting together movies to run to the shelves. It just so happens that the rest of the staff is also there minus one. They aren't on the clock, but they're renting movies and getting paychecks. My coworker takes the next guy in line and a whole long list of warnings pop up on his account. "Customer is rude, Customer is a scammer, Told customer about new rental policy, 1st time fee removed, Removed fee, Removed fee NO MORE FEE REMOVALS". That sorta thing. And a $15 fee on his account for several late movies.

Co-worker: Sir, it looks like there is a $15 balance on the account from late movies. Did you want to rent your movies for one day or for five days?
    Guy: What? What balance? What movies?
    Co-worker: Looks like "this movie", "this movie", and "this movie" were all three days late.
    Guy: So you charged me late fees?
    Co-worker: Yes, sir. We changed our rental policy back in December.
    Guy: I didn't know!
    CW: I see you've had the fees removed several times before. Would you still like to get your movies today?
    Guy: ........
    CW: ........
    Guy: You know, if BB wants to go out of business, this is a great way to do it.
    CW: ........
    Guy: Y'all are going to go broke.
    CW: We were losing money before.
    Guy: Huh. Yeah. I'll get the movies for one day. -grumble grumble grumble-

So coworker goes to scanning the guy's movies while the guy just glares at him. By now, everyone is focused on what's going on at the front. CW tells him the total.

Guy: You're rude.
    CW: I'm sorry?
    Guy: You're rude.
    CW: How am I being rude?
    Guy: You're rude for charging me late fees.

None of us could keep a straight face. Most employees kind of chuckle to themselves. Even CW laughs a little. Other coworker suddenly starts laughing...LOUD. Guy looks like he's just been slapped in the face.

CW: I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't think I'm being rude. Have a nice night.
    Guy: -says nothing. Gathers movies and quickly exits-

For the rest of the night, I followed my coworker around and called him rude any time he did...well...anything. It's become an inside joke at my store now.

I had one dingleberry at Kinko's tell me I was rude for charging him for his order. Seriously, he was offended that his order was not free.

Evidently, some people don't realize that there is a difference between a business and a charity.

Comment

I have that a couple times. Sorry this is a for-profit business. The goal is to make money. When you can find that NFP <whatever> fee free to rent/buy from them. See you next week!

Comment

I had a customer tell me I was arrogant and rude last week because I didn't help him with his query. The fact was he did not shut up for five minutes ranting about the agreed value of his car, but didn't specify that he wanted something done about it.

My Team Leader listened to the call and threw out the complaint - because, as she said, I'm never rude
        the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

I've had customers on the phone tell me I was rude for trying to verify who they are. What, you want me to give out information about your checking account to any schmo who claims to be you?
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

I'm rude for actually daring to track down people who owe us money. How dare I find them when they were trying to hide and get out of paying what they owe?!?
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I am rude because I tell all the little teeny-bopper girls to have a parent with them if they are going to be in the lobby/halls after 2am. Even after I caught a weird construction worker (guest) talking to them a little too much and had to chase him away. That time I got called rude by the pervert and the girls mothers it was a 2 for 1!
              I mean really who lets there teenage daughter wander around a hotel at 2am or later in pj's or a shirt that says "hot thing" ?

Comment

I'm rude for having to wait for a Fastlane machine to open up so I could give the old bat a penny that her machine shorted her.

Comment

Quoth videodrone View Post
                  Other coworker suddenly starts laughing...LOUD.
                  If I was there, this would have been me.

Do you ever wonder if soon there will be a medical condition 'discovered' whereby the vocal cords, lips and tongue operate, with no input given from the brain?
                  Cos there sure seems to be plenty of people giving evidence to back up such a discovery

Comment

I'm rude for refusing to give out a discount on an order for no reason and for daring to charge a delivery fee.
                    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

In response to his "You're rude because you charge fees" comment, I'd have replied:

"It's quite the opposite. We've been excessively tolerant over the (x amount of time) we've done business with you.. not to mention the (looking at computer screen) 1..2..3 (keep counting until the end) times we've waived your fees. The free ride is over. Do business with us like everyone else does or pay your tab, return your videos, get out and don't ever come back. The choice is yours."
                      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X