This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining Easter For The Masses

So last night it started, people accusing me of ruinining their Easters.

Why? Couple of things.

!) We dare to charge a delivery fee. These idiots fail to realize no matter how I explained it that we ALWAYS charge a service fee and it's not one cent higher than it always is.
    2) We dare to have cut off delivery dates for Easter on Saturday night. Customers whining that we will not deliver on a day that we're not even open nor is any florist.
    3) We cut off deliveries for our easter candy arrangements several days ago because they are shipped via UPS or DHL and it takes 3 or 4 days to get them out. Customers get huffy, say we ruined Easter for their child now. If you're going to pay out 75 bucks for what amounts to one large Peanut Butter egg, One chocolate bunny, some cheap jelly beans and malted robins eggs you got bigger issues than your failure to plan correctly.
    4) We dared to change our product line and now no longer do florist designed Easter candy or gift baskets. Again, failure to plan is not our problem.

Big sigh, I have to pull a long long long shift today and I can't even drink. I'm just thankful I have the next three days off, the very time when EW are going to complain that the lilies were pink not blue in their arrangements very clearly marked 'colors and components may vary' By the time I get back we'll be past the whole 'you ruined Easter personally' thing.

Anyone else busy ruining Easter out there in CS Land?
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I work Easter Day in the morning, when my place of work will be closed, the doors will be locked and I will be doing my rounds. I'm taking bets on how many people try to get in the doors. Side bets on how many call asking what time we'll open.

At Xmas, I counted almost 200 people trying to get in through-out Xmas day. Yeah, I was on duty all day, but it was warm, sunny and I spent the day driving the property and watching the birds.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm working Easter lunch in the pub...so no doubt I will ruin many. I ruined a fair few last year

Comment

I haven't personally ruined any Easters this year. Darn.

It wouldn't surprise me if the poor souls working at the swamp today were being accused of Easter ruination. All we have left for Easter stuff is baskets, plastic eggs, and crappy little toys to put in the baskets. And Easter grass. We're still up to our ass in Easter grass. But the candy was just about gone when I left work Friday.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think that the real ruiners of Easter have to be Pontius Pilate and the Romans and technically, they only ruined Passover.
          "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
          -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

My on ruining an Easter. I did that once last year b/c the SC's refund was only $4000. What was she planning a banquet for 200 of her closest friends or exntended family?
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

ONLY $4000? WTF did she buy that you had to refund for $4000?!?
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I haven't personally, although I'll bet the store did.
                We were open Easter Saturday (don't ask me WHY) but I got holiday pay so no humungous complaints. We closed at 5pm SHARP so we could all get home and STILL had people wandering in after 5pm for stuff!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  My on ruining an Easter. I did that once last year b/c the SC's refund was only $4000.
                  Quoth ralerin View Post
                  Karl prepares tax returns.

This year, we got back almost $6K....all but 35 cents of what we paid in. Is it sad that I'm looking forward to when my medical exemptions will decrease to the point where I'll actually be paying taxes again?
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

In my position, I rarely (if ever) have a chance to ruin anyone's Easter, or any other holiday for that matter. My only contact with customers is when I have to cover the switchboard, and that's basically hi & bye since all the calls I answer get transferred elsewhere.

I'm sure that there will be some whining & complaining Monday, though, since we had the nerve to close on Good Friday, a day when a lot of the agents who represent our company were open.
                    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Ruined one today...ran out of the kind of marshmallow eggs she wanted! Too bad, so sad, go home!!!

Comment

I have never professionally ruined Easter.

wow that sounds weird. But you all know what i mean. I think that I have personally ruined an Easter or two in my life, but not while working. Also, I don't think it was my fault.

Anyway, how dare you want to have a day off the same as everyone else on a holiday. And to refuse to send them their flowers in a bunny vase. BAD! (yay for sarcasms)
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                          That was her tax refund, Ralerin.

Moreover, that piece of work was declined for the overnight loan, so she wouldn't see the money for a couple of weeks.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                          X