This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
    Don't wait till you get to the checkout to decide what you are going to buy. I remember a mom and daughter who played the "Don't want that, want that!" game in front of me.
    Argh! I hate that one! Usually they do it when they realise that they have $100 worth of stuff in the trolley, and only $20 in their wallet. People! Work out how much you can spend BEFORE you start piling crap in there!

And #35:

If you know you're going to be buying a lot of stuff, please, PLEASE don't wait until we're just about to close before you come to the registers.
    I had a couple once who came up at 8:55pm (we close at 9) with not one, but two trolleys full of stuff. It took 15 minutes to sort them out, they bought $400 worth of groceries, and the security guy was utterly enraged, since he can't leave until whoever's doing the close does. I forgave them, because at least they realised they were being a pain (and I got overtime ).
    God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Actually, something very much like this list of rules was posted a while back. I remember it, as we there was the Infamous Rule #8, but I don't remember the name of the thread, and frankly, am far too lazy on my First Day Off In Forever to bother looking for it.
      Quoth AFpheonix View Post
      Jester, that thread was a tongue in cheek one telling sucky customers what sucky things they must do at the grocery store in order to get in their full 8 servings of suck per day.
      Was it http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2211

{{I hope the link works}}
      Last edited by Becks; 11-07-2006, 01:44 AM. Reason: I suck at linking
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The link works! Boy is that a funny list!!!
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post

If you meet someone your haven't seen for years, move off to the side to get reaquainted. .

That also goes for the middle of the main drag on the floor I have work to do

a couple more for Floor people

36 I dont work Meat Dept they wear white coats I don't If you want meat help go to the counter and ask somebody wearing a white coat.
          37 You are not allowed in the back room if you need something ask an employee who is on the floor
          38 you are also not allowed in the employees lounge Im eating I may barf up my lunch If I see you back there find an employee whose working on the floor and ask them If you need something
          The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
            The link works!

Woo hoo!!!!!! I did it right!!!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd like to add:

39. Just because the clerk says, "Hi, how are you today?," they don't really want to know the details. And the customers who are waiting don't want to hear the details. Just say, "Fine" or "Doing okay" or whatever brief, polite response you can come up with.

40. If you're limited by being on a fixed income, or just low on spending money, check the price of the items before you buy them. Don't make everyone and the cashier stand around while the bagger gets sent to check on the prices for half the items in your cart. You may not have a life, but other people do.

41. You're friends with the cashier? That's nice. But she's trying to do her job and she doesn't have time (and nobody else wants to wait) while you discuss with her your plans for Friday night, or the baby shower, or which dress to wear on Sunday.

And, adding to 14., if you want someone to check backstock, don't ask the cashier, find someone on the floor. And be frikkin' polite about it. Maybe they have it, maybe they don't. Just because you want it doesn't mean it will be magically conjured for you.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

42. The change you pay with goes where you want the change you get back to go. If that's the counter, then so be it.
                "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                  8 servings of suck.
                  That would be a great band name.

Comment

Working...
                  X