• Show
Clear All

Your co-worker is full of awesome!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      My daughter refuses to eat beef tongue sandwiches...
      She doesn't want it tasting her...
      She's 28
      I never thought about it that way...eeewww
      Tamezin

Comment

Your CW needs a serious hug. Cause I think I love her! hehe. That's wonderful!
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

i like the salmon joke --- ill have to try that on someone sometime

Comment

Your co work sounds fantastic , any chance she's available for cloning?
            Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              Cheeky Co-worker

I love my co-worker, she is quite possibly the best co-worker I have ever had, mainly because she is a complete scatter brain and freaks the customers out!

A group of four elderly people come in. My new pub is by the sea, so it sells quite a lot of seafood dishes. They sit down, and speak to co-worker.

Old Woman: And how is the salmon tonight?
              CW: He's not in a very good mood.
              Old Woman: What? What do you mean?
              CW: Well he's going to get eaten isn't he?
              Old Woman: Don't say things like that! I don't like to think that my food once had feelings!
              CW: Oh...sorry.
              Cast Michael Palin as the CW and Eric Idle as the Old Woman and you have the makings of a Monty Python sketch.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

Cheeky Co-worker

I love my co-worker, she is quite possibly the best co-worker I have ever had, mainly because she is a complete scatter brain and freaks the customers out!

A group of four elderly people come in. My new pub is by the sea, so it sells quite a lot of seafood dishes. They sit down, and speak to co-worker.

Old Woman: And how is the salmon tonight?
                CW: He's not in a very good mood.
                Old Woman: What? What do you mean?
                CW: Well he's going to get eaten isn't he?
                Old Woman: Don't say things like that! I don't like to think that my food once had feelings!
                CW: Oh...sorry.
                A coworker mentioned something at work about people not wanting to eat anything that had a soul, and also involving not eating anything that had a face.

I thought about it for a second, then said, "Would they eat Uncle Ben's rice?" etc etc etc (because, hey, the box has a face on it!)...it was a really funny conversation, I promise.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  I thought about it for a second, then said, "Would they eat Uncle Ben's rice?" etc etc etc (because, hey, the box has a face on it!)...it was a really funny conversation, I promise.
                  They can eat the rice, just not the box in came in.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

correct me if i am wrong... but i do believe your coworker is a comic genius... though it might get her fired.
                    i digress, seriously though, i don't think she is quite so scatterbrained... with what she did, i would say she is more incorrigible than anything.

Comment

meh, my parents used to give me watered down alcohol at meals. They thought it would teach me that alcohol was not rebellious and being drunk wasn't fun. They failed. Being tipsy is great.

And some pubs allow Children over 14 to have a drink with a meal if the parent is there. These places are mostly in france (where they have very few problems with underage drunkeness, oddly enough)
                      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I love co-workers that make me laugh or just shake my head in disbelief. It especially helped when I was working restaurants.

I had a male coworker who was tending bar one crazy, hectic Friday evening. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I was absolutely in the weeds. I was standing at the expo window trying to talk to the kitchen, get an appetizer, and wait on the computer to free up to put in an order.

He walks up to me and leans in close to my ear and whispers, "FOJK, I'm naked."

I really needed the off-the-wall randomness of that...it completely broke the mood.

On another note...in most states, if the parent or guardian buys their minor child the alcoholic beverage...it's legal. BUT, the parent has to order, and the server has to serve it to the parent and the parent serves their child. HOWEVER, it is still to the discretion of the establishment to choose to allow this or not. Just because the law stated it was legal...the establishment did reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and this law trumped the parent/guardian law.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Hitokiri Akins View Post
                          You must be in Canada or the UK, because the drinking age in the U.S. is 21.
                          You've a lot to learn about the rest of the world.

Comment

The Slack is strong in this one!

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                              Cast Michael Palin as the CW and Eric Idle as the Old Woman and you have the makings of a Monty Python sketch.
                              ... I just imagined that, with their voices and one of them doing an old lady voice.

*falls over laughing*

and hmmm.... *Carves a face into some of the veggies*? Like that?
                              Last edited by PepperElf; 04-27-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I don't know what the drinking age is in Mexico, but when I was there it was very loosely enforced.
                                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                                X