This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's NOT what you said!

This old man comes up and his total is one hundred and twenty dollars.

SC: I want a hundred twenty.

ME; (I always repeat back what they want because they usually change it or just in case I hear them wrong--besides the fact that I totally didn't understand him!) A hundred dollar bill and a twenty?

SC: NO! I said, I wanted ONE twenty and the rest tens!

I never even heard him mention tens...

SC: I want all the old tens, not the RED ones.

Last time I checked there was no such thing as red tens. OH,wait, they're orange!

Me: Okay.

I had to open several straps of tens (they're a thousand each) and I had to literally search though all of them to find any non "Red" tens! I was so annoyed.

ME: Sir, the orange tens also work in the machines.

SC: Well, I don't like them. And you will give me what I want.

It is damn near impossible to find the non colored tens-- or atleast a lot of them at one time. And their condition? Sucky. I dug out the grossest ones too.

He was sighing and being really obnoxious.

I put a the twenty over the ten pile and it totally separated from the pile I was going to give him.

SC: You better watch that twenty, don't want it to disappear in your pile of tens!

ME: They won't. (I kind of growled then thought of guest service) thank you though.

Asshole. I think it was more of the tone he was using with me also.

I counted out the tens and then he shoves the goddamn twenty at me and asks for more tens!!! Damnit, why didn't he just tell me when I was doing the other ones!? I think he did it to be an asshole.

Later my CW told my boss and boss woman said not to do that again. That I shouldn't have to search through thousands of tens for him and just give him what I have open. I didn't know I could do that, next time I will.

He did tip me a dollar but I was too angry to even say thanks. I think he did it to amuse himself.

*eyetwitch* I...do..not ..get ..why..people....aaaaggrrrggargle....

*hands Anakah herb tea and a chocolate bar*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      SC: I want all the old tens, not the RED ones. don't like them. And you will give me what I want.
      "No, I will give you your money. A $10 is a $10. Here you go. If you don't like the design of $10, that's too bad, because all I have are new ones. Write your congressman."

And $120 is hardly high-rolling. I'd say it's time for this guy to be told to hit the road.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I would tell him if he doesn't want any "red" tens to take it up with the Treasury Department. A ten is a ten. Lemme guess he doesn't lime "blue" fives either.

Comment

purple they arent blue they are purple!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            purple they arent blue they are purple!
            Tell that to the SC.

Though I do get a lot of people that don't want the new fives because our lottery scratch off machine won't accept the new fives. It gets really annoying.

Comment

The funny thing is, they do call them blue or the ones with the big five's on the back, like the color wasn't the distinguishing point. I don't mind looking for non-purple fives because some of those really don't work in the machines but all the tens do. They have been out for quite sometime and ALL of the machines have been programed for them.

Comment

Wait the US has coloured notes?

*searches on Wikipedia*

ah. Gotcha. Sorry, but growing up hearing about the green notes....
                Australia's always had coloured notes. $5 are purple, $10 are blue, $20 are red/orange, $50 are yellow, $100 are green.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Wow. I wouldn't have done that to him.

Euros are coloured too. €5 is grey, €10 red, €20 blue, €100 green, €200 yellow and €500 purple. And they are different sizes too so that it's easier for blind people to recognise them.
                  A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    Australia's always had coloured notes. $5 are purple, $10 are blue, $20 are red/orange, $50 are yellow, $100 are green.
                    A friend gave me a left-over fiver from her recent trip to Aus. It's pretty.
                    Quoth pacman View Post
                    Euros are coloured too. €5 is grey, €10 red, €20 blue, €100 green, €200 yellow and €500 purple.
                    You forgot 50 = orange. The sizes are useful too as if I have notes stuffed in a pocket I don't need to haul them all out.

I maintain my position that the rest of the world has prettier money than we do. The newest efforts aren't helping.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      ME: Sir, the orange tens also work in the machines.

SC: Well, I don't like them. And you will give me what I want.
                      "How about I give you what you need instead?"

Sheesh. Can't stand jerks who grumble about our new currency, complaining that it looks like Monopoly money (funny, I don't see any trains on the notes!) or that they can't keep up with it.

Personally, I like the new colorful money. And frankly, I'm surprised that they didn't do size differences as well as color differences. But then again, considering how the American public is stubbornly reluctant to accept too many changes in their currency, maybe it's just as well.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

^_^ I like the new currency. It's pretty and I don't accidentally try and give people $10 instead of $1 any more... So it's nice cause it makes me feel less like a dum-dum from time to time.

My friends and I had a discussion about the new money when they started doing it. We came to the conclusion that the U.S.A is like a little kid who want's to be like all the big kids. They all have pretty money... shouldn't we?
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

The new designs are OK (and I get where they were coming from with the anticounterfeiting angle), but still a bit blah. As a friend (can't remember who) said: "Other countries get cool buildings, animals and literary figures in fun colors. We get old dead guys in mud."
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            We get old dead guys in mud."
                            At least they re-did the presidents' portraits. On the old money, they all looked like they were scowling. Now most of them almost look like they're smiling.
                            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Hey, if anyone doesn't like the new US money, I'll be glad to dispose of it for them.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X