This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Hey, if anyone doesn't like the new US money, I'll be glad to dispose of it for them.
    Me too!

I like the new money! It's pretty!

Comment

Off topic, but is your avatar Nyu from Elfen Lied?
      Otaku

Comment

... And I don't want $10 notes with '6' in the serial numbers! And I don't want any that have 'Henry M Paulson' as the Secretary of the Treasury. And I don't want ...
        Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          And frankly, I'm surprised that they didn't do size differences as well as color differences. But then again, considering how the American public is stubbornly reluctant to accept too many changes in their currency, maybe it's just as well.

Wouldn't changing the size of the bills mess up all the bill acceptors we use? Such as vending machines and the slots at the self checkout lanes in stores?

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            Wait the US has coloured notes?

*searches on Wikipedia*

ah. Gotcha. Sorry, but growing up hearing about the green notes....
            Australia's always had coloured notes. $5 are purple, $10 are blue, $20 are red/orange, $50 are yellow, $100 are green.
            That was my thought as well...

And you forgot... $1 were brown, and $2 were blue as well...

As for the OP... "Sir, this is legal tender, and therefore if we offer it to you as payment, you are legally required to accept it" (douchebag!)
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Who cares what colors the freakin bills are! Just as long as they're not counterfeit is all that matters.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
                Off topic, but is your avatar Nyu from Elfen Lied?
                It took me a minute to figure out you were referring to Anakah's avatar, which does appear to be Nyu. I've been wondering who it was.

Ghel's avatar is an assistant from Phil Foglio's Girl Genius.

I have no idea who fireheart17's avatar is.

Anyone want to take a guess at mine?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Anyone want to take a guess at mine?
                  One of the CSS 'Virginia" class ironclads?
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                    As for the OP... "Sir, this is legal tender, and therefore if we offer it to you as payment, you are legally required to accept it" (douchebag!)
                    That's not actually correct (the legally required part, not the "douchebag" part )

http://www.ustreas.gov/education/faq...l-tender.shtml
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      One of the CSS 'Virginia" class ironclads?
                      Good guess, but not quite right. It is the CSS Tennessee, which is a modified Columbia class ironclad. My avatar is a section of this painting, which I have as a jigsaw puzzle.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Canada has colored currency too.

Blue for a 5, Purple for a 10, Green for a 20, Red for a 50 and brown for a 100.

Since being here in the U.S. I've had to pay closer attention to the bills I have in my wallet.

Also I have far less change (we have $1 and $2 coins up north).
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

The lack of colours in the bills is one of my main annoyances when I spend a lot of time in the states. It's hard to tell at a glance whether that wad of bills is all 1's or if there's a 5 or a 10 or even a 20 hiding in there; makes it harder for me to mentally budget too.

Then again, I've been using Debit for so long anyway, that paying cash is almost a foreign concept for me. (And I love having the 1$ and even the 2$ in coins. Seems more convienant somehow nowadays).

As for the OP, what an idiot. I know gamblers can be superstisious, but as others have said, money is money. You said you had to break down multiple 10$bill bundles to meet his request; wouldn't that cause more work later at night when you cash out since those bundles have to be counted and rebundled ? Ugh.

Comment

Good guess, but not quite right. It is the CSS Tennessee, which is a modified Columbia class ironclad. My avatar is a section of this painting, which I have as a jigsaw puzzle.
                            so sue me, i am not a civ war buff

At least I got the right side of that fracas right=)

When I lived on the James River near ODU I always wanted to wreck dive ... but I figured that the water would make me dissolve, or mutate or something There was an ironclad near where I lived so I understand ...
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                            X