This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you not know to use the cup!?

We recently received a memo stating that our soup bar was being reconfigured, and it brought to mind this incident that occurred a while back.

Background: Our soup bar is basically square. One side has several shelves for cold containers of soup; this side faces the deli. The other side has 4 wells for hot soup and also has the cups, lids, napkins, and small 2 oz. cups to sample the soups. The hot side faces the store doors (we cannot see it from the deli, which is why it’s being reconfigured; basically, the whole thing is just being turned around.) When one enters the front doors of the store, the soup bar is right there in front of you; coffee shop is to the right, registers to the left.

One day I’m busy doing deli-type things, and someone from the coffee shop comes hurrying over.

Coffee shop worker: Uh, Lala? A customer came over to tell us that someone sampled the soup with the ladles.
    Me: Huh? They need the ladles to get the….wait. They drank out of the ladles?!
    CSW: Yup.

Cue me running like mad to pull the soup. We ended up distressing a whole pot of soup (roughly 5 pounds worth) because some dumbass couldn’t use a little cup.
    Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

WHAT THA----

What an idiot!!!

Why didn't they just stick their face in the pot and gobble like they were eating from a trough?!?!

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
      Why didn't they just stick their face in the pot and gobble like they were eating from a trough?!?!
      Great! Now I'm never gonna be able to stop laughing!!
      http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

This reminds me of a party I had at my house a LOOOOOONG time ago. I had some friends over early in the evening for dinner before we went to go to the bar where my boyfriend's, at the time, band was playing.

Afterward, we invited a slew of people over after the show for drinks or whatever, and I had made food for that as well. One of the things I had was a huge fruit salad. I had a spoon in the bowl and smaller bowls next to it...you know, it was obvious that you were to spoon some fruit into this smaller bowl.

I came into my kitchen at one point to see some one using their fingers with the entire big bowl to their mouth shoveling in fruit. I mean, it was almost gone...but still...what if someone else wanted some. When he finished shoveling, I threw the rest away.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Not surprising. We caught someone use their hands to grab lettuce, tomato, eggs, etc, form the salad bar and just ignore the tongs. This was of course right after they stocked it in the AM. Filled a 40 gallon or so trash can. Idiots.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
            And now I'm giggling madly.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            Not surprising. We caught someone use their hands to grab lettuce, tomato, eggs, etc, form the salad bar and just ignore the tongs. This was of course right after they stocked it in the AM. Filled a 40 gallon or so trash can. Idiots.
            Wow, that's just horrid! I'm thankful that our soup is the only "loose" item we have.
            Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

Comment

Soup Nazi

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Wow! I can't believe nobody beat me to that.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                Thats actually almost a good idea, because then they would have face burns that hurt when they did anything with their mouth.
                I see dumb people...

"I think I died long ago, and you two are my eternal punishment"
                "..."
                "You're like a constant downer, huh?"

Comment

Isn't there any way to hold the idiot accountable for destroying that much product!?

I'm not shy about this at all. If I ever see someone do something like that, I loudly comment to myself something such as "its such a shame they're going to have to throw everything away, what a waste of food." While looking directly at the moron who did that.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                    Isn't there any way to hold the idiot accountable for destroying that much product!?
                    Probably could try... but if it's some type of "free" return thing they could say they were going to eat it all.... or claim it didn't say "don't eat from the ladle"... or anything else they could think of.

But I really think that if someone did actually do something like that -- they should be charged for the whole thing - but also given the entire thing as well (as if it's going to be tossed, a person being given it vs garbage... at least it's "less wasteful" the latter).

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                      None of the workers actually saw it happen, and I think the customers who did it were already gone, so there wasn't much we could do.

Comment

Working...
                      X