This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled Realtor

I just had the following phone converstion......

Italic are my thoughts

**phone rings**

Me: Thank you for calling XYZ Locksmith, how can I help you?
    ER: Hi I'm *her name* with XX Realty and I have a client who has lost the keys to the house they have just purchased, so I would like to get it re-keyed. They are moving today, so this needs to be done AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
    Me: OK, I do have to tell you that our service guy is in *other city* right now and it would be a while.
    ER: Well, what's a while?
    Me: A couple of hours at least. What city is the house in?
    ER: What do you mean by a couple of hours?
    ME: At least 2 hours, plus drive time and that depends on what city it's in.
    ER: Well, if you can't do it, I have to call someone else (said in ueber-snotty tone)
    Me: OK
    ER:............ (I guess just a plain OK was not what she expected)
    Me:........... (Hmm, no immidiate groveling from me with an offer to drop everything else and service her majesty right away)
    ER: ............. (must still be waiting on the groveling)
    Me:............ (nope, not doing it)

Our shedule is pretty filled up for today anyways. If I would have squeezed her in, I would have, no doubt, heard much whinning and bitching from boss (who is service guy) for having to work a few minutes late and it cutting into his motorcycle riding time.

ER: You know, you have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS!!! In this economy you should improve customer service and I have to tell you that your customer service is really bad. eleventy 1111!!!!!

Hmm, where did I go wrong?
    I didn't even call her the names I wanted to.......

That's when you say in your best snotty voice just to mock her, "What part of our service guy is busy with other jobs at the moment and he is in another city did you not understand?"
    If she starts complaining about the economy, ask her how much she ripped these people off when she sold them the house. Also you may want to throw in a zinger about how realtors make tons of money from selling houses, so what the hell does she care about the economy?
    In short, you did nothing wrong at all. This realtor obviously has no patience. To people who appear to have no patience, I would insult them by asking, "Excuse me, do you have the patience of a 3 year old?"

Comment

How does one loose the keys that fast to something that big and expensive that takes mountains of paperwork to sign?

Comment

How does one loose the keys that fast to something that big and expensive that takes mountains of paperwork to sign?
        Me thinks, that maybe Ms. Realtor lost the keys and was hoping to have it done really fast before the new owners pulled up with a full moving van expecting to pick up the keys to their new dwelling.

Happens a lot, actually

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
          Me thinks, that maybe Ms. Realtor lost the keys and was hoping to have it done really fast before the new owners pulled up with a full moving van expecting to pick up the keys to their new dwelling.

Happens a lot, actually
          I hope mine doesn't do that. Of course with the way the mortgage guy is running in circles...might not have the chance to do so.

Comment

Or simply point out that you're booked solid for the day, so obviously the economy's not a major issue for you.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

How in the hell did she lose the keys? Don't they usually have it in a lock box?

I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

HUD homes don't have lockboxes.

Comment

You know, you have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS!!!
                  My idea... "Ma'am .. I ain't the one who lost the keys to the house I just sold. Perhaps YOU need to work on your customer service skills and not get mad when I can't bail you out."

Comment

Confirmation

Interesting. This post seems to confirm some of the answers I got to this post.

Comment

"Ma'am, not giving you what you want when it's physically not impossible and not lying to you by making false promises is not classified as bad customer service. Furthermore, you gave me an ultimatium. I couldn't meet your needs and you threatened to go to our competitor(s). Not caving in to your demands, which by the way are completely irrational, is not bad customer service.

If I wanted to give you bad customer service, I'd tell you something to the effect of 'piss poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on our part.' But instead, I decided to be courteous and cordial to you. If you're going to act that way towards me, even if I could meet demands, I wouldn't take your business.

As you wish to extend an ultimatium to me, let me counter it by calling all the competition and let them be ready to expect your presence. Thank you and have a good day.
                      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

it's realtors like that that give the real professionals a bad name
                        sex is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. - Kusanagi

Comment

Sounds like the same realtor that called the storage place and wanted me to discount her client's container rent because it cost much more than she told him it would. I suggested that maybe she should use some of her commission to help him pay it because we certainly were not going to discount it.
                          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
                          X