This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRE CODE!

We can't let shopping carts into the FR. Because it is a hazard in case of a fire, it makes it hard to get OUT of the FR. We have had 3 "fires" in the past year, at least they were important enough smoke to make us evacuate and the fire department was called. It does make me feel a little bad when the ladies with their small children come back and I have to tell them NO. But, rules is rules. So the magic today went like this.

Me: TA-DAZZLE!
    SC: *&^%#%&*( with little brat in cart

SC: I have 7 items.
    Me: *counting to double check* Alright ma'am. I can't let the cart go back.
    SC: Am I supposed to just LEAVE my kid!
    Me: No. You'll need to take him with you.
    SC: Then let me bring my cart!
    Me: Sorry ma'am but our fire codes state No carts into the FR as it creates a hindrance for our evacuation.
    SC: FUCKING WHATEVER! *grabs her kid and walks past me telling the other lady with her VERY loudly* Like there is going to be a fire in 7 fucking minutes!
    Me: *in my most sickeningly sweet voice* Please bring everything back out on the hangers when your all done! (((ass hat)))

It has been a while since I contemplated the pros/cons of burning Dress for Less to the ground.... But congratulations ma'am... you made me REALLY consider running to the break room, finding a lighter, and setting you and all the clothes you were trying on on fire. Then saying "Oh wow! what are the odds of that! A fire starting in the 7 min you were in the fitting room! HOLY SHIT!"

p.s. I hate you.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

But I bet people were thinking the same thing before the other fires broke out... it's not like people knew ahead of time "oh we'll be having a fire today".

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      But I bet people were thinking the same thing before the other fires broke out... it's not like people knew ahead of time "oh we'll be having a fire today".

12:30PM hair appointment
      2PM pick up kids, drop off at sports
      4PM get stuck in blazing inferno
      6PM dinner

...yeah...doesn't work that way....
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

FR=fitting room?

Sadly, it took me to the end of the post to figure it out. Well, after I read the part about putting stuff back on hangers.

People have no clue. If you knew when a fire was going to happen, well, then you wouldn't need to evacuate, because you'd already be gone... I bet she doesn't believe that other things can happen with zero notice either....
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post

People have no clue. If you knew when a fire was going to happen, well, then you wouldn't need to evacuate, because you'd already be gone... I bet she doesn't believe that other things can happen with zero notice either....
          Other things that happens without warning:

Becoming sick
          Car breaking down
          appliance/tv/computer dies (those don't give warning either. They just croak and be done with it)
          another car hitting yours at a stop light
          relative(s) show up out of the blue (had it happen)
          death in the family (sometimes it can happen without warning)

and the list goes on and on . . .

What a moron.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post

People have no clue. If you knew when a fire was going to happen, well, then you wouldn't need to evacuate, because you'd already be gone...
            No...there have been plenty of C_S stories where the customer was informed the building was on fire and they, the customer, refused to leave.

Comment

Some d-bag lit the mop that was on my front porch on fire. The S/O goes outside quite often to smoke, so yeah, random fire-related stuff happens. (That happened a couple of months ago, and it was put out before there was a real problem. That's one of many reasons we moved to our new place.)
              "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                Me: *in my most sickeningly sweet voice* Please bring everything back out on the hangers when your all done! (((ass hat)))

I know this is off the topic, but honestly, when ever someone says this to me, I intentionally leave the hangars in the dressing room. It is obnoxious, I don't like be treated like I have a mental deficiency. Perhaps that was the point you were trying to convey?
                Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                  I know this is off the topic, but honestly, when ever someone says this to me, I intentionally leave the hangars in the dressing room. It is obnoxious, I don't like be treated like I have a mental deficiency. Perhaps that was the point you were trying to convey?
                  I've actually found that when I ask people to bring it back out on the hangers 9 out of 10 people do. Where as if I don't ask only about 3 out of 10 people do. I can deal with 1 person worth of uh-hung up clothes, but not 7. I've got a lot of stuff to do, and it makes it so much worse to have to struggle with hangers.
                  I've also gotten permission from management now. When people leave the hangers in the dressing room I make them go back and get them for me.

I don't usually ask for the clothes to be hung up in a condescending way it's usually "Oh and if you could bring them out on the hangers I would really appreciate it." But honestly if they are not nice to me, I don't see any reason to be REALLY nice to them, I will be polite...but there is a difference.
                  "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                  -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                    But honestly if they are not nice to me, I don't see any reason to be REALLY nice to them, I will be polite...but there is a difference.
                    That is so true. I like the way you think.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
                      No...there have been plenty of C_S stories where the customer was informed the building was on fire and they, the customer, refused to leave.
                      Hell, there have been stories of customers trying locked doors, stepping over fire hoses, and arguing with the firemen that they should be allowed to go in and shop.
                      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                        Hell, there have been stories of customers trying locked doors, stepping over fire hoses, and arguing with the firemen that they should be allowed to go in and shop.
                        ...I vote we all just stop Fracking with natural selection. Who's with me?.. In fact... lets encourage it. Any customer who whines about not getting to stay in the store when it is on fire should be struck upside the head and left to inhale smoke. *shrugs* maybe I'm just mean.
                        -Red

Comment

Working...
                        X