Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the express line really live up to its name?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Luna View Post
    Complain another customer corrected them in a wrong behaviour??? After all, the customer is always right, right?
    But if the customer is always right, then they're both right. But they both believe the other customer is wrong, so they must both be wrong. But the customer is always right, so they ..... oh hell....
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Today, saw it happen again at Target, but this time, I went through one of the other lines. A lady was there, bitching about the price of the afghan she was buying ringing up fifty cents higher than she thought. Three people in front of me later, I checked out and this woman was still being waited on.

Comment

Quoth angelkirie View Post
        Now we have these wonderful things called "line-busters" that allows a cashier to wear a card reader on their belt and walk around with a handheld scanner. That way, if we find someone way in the back that just has one item and is paying with credit, we can do it all right there on the floor. It's really nice.
        Oh, that would ROCK! Especially if you are the person with just a twelve pack and some munchies. Which I often am.

As for me, just the other day my friend and I went to the store to pick up a couple things. We looked at the express lane, said NAH! and went to a regular checkout lane, and were out the door in no time. Cause, you know, we rock and all.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Our store is express lane strict (8 items or less)

One cashier we used to have she wouldn't let anyone passed her with more than 8 items... not even 10. We have another cashier who is strict too but only if you have a cartload she won't let you through! unfortunately the strict express lane cashier quit but hell.. she would make people feel stupid coming to the express.
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
            One cashier we used to have she wouldn't let anyone passed her with more than 8 items... not even 10. We have another cashier who is strict too but only if you have a cartload she won't let you through! unfortunately the strict express lane cashier quit but hell.. she would make people feel stupid coming to the express.
            Here's some examples

Co-Worker:Excuse me sir this is 8 items or less
            SC: I didn't see the sign
            Co-worker: I m sorry sir but I can't take you at this till
            SC: Jesus Christ (Then Leaves)

Co-worker: Excuse me sir this is 8 items or less
            SC: I didn't see the sign can you please take me.
            Co-worker: I'm sorry sir this is an express and you can come through with that many items
            SC: C'mon... F&cking take me
            Co-Worker: I'm not taking you I'm sorry, everyone you can pass through this guy in my line.
            SC: you Stupid F*cking cu&t. You F&cking B*tch.

Co-worker: Sir this is 8 items or less
            Customer: but I have only ten
            Co-Worker: No, this sign says 8 items or less
            Customer: oh come on... Please
            Co-Worker: 8 ITEMS OR LESS.... Can I help the next person.
            CustomerTakes stuff and storms out of the till).

Me: This is 8 items or less.
            SC: But I'm in line already, arent you going to take me
            Me: If you have 8 items or less
            (Guy leaves with his 16 items).

Tee hee hee I love my job.

Comment

It doesn't work that way

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
              I WISH all express lanes were cash only, I saw a bit of this on my trip to the U.S. last week and thought it worked quite well.
              We used to have an express lane that was cash only, and had 3 signs with huge lettering. . . and people would still want to pay with debit or credit cards. SC logic: debit/credit IS cash. Um, no you f'n idiot, paper money is cash, debit/credit is plastic!!!

Since we had no EFT machine on the cash only till, we ended up voiding those orders, which meant calling for a manager's override, which slowed everything to a crawl.

No matter what, we just can't beat SC logic.
              It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

Quoth Zinjadu View Post
                SC logic: debit/credit IS cash.
                I get customers all the time that swear up and down that using a debit card is the same as using cash....um, sorry, no. The way my company works is, if they pay for something with a debit card and return it with a receipt, the amount gets credited back to to their debit card....they DO NOT get cash. The register isn't even set up to let us give cash back. Believe me, if it was i'd give them the damn cash just to get them out of my face. Luckily not everyone argues with me over this, but damn people.....you pay with debit you get the credit back. You want cash, go to the freakin ATM.
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                  I get customers all the time that swear up and down that using a debit card is the same as using cash....um, sorry, no. The way my company works is, if they pay for something with a debit card and return it with a receipt, the amount gets credited back to to their debit card....they DO NOT get cash. The register isn't even set up to let us give cash back. Believe me, if it was i'd give them the damn cash just to get them out of my face. Luckily not everyone argues with me over this, but damn people.....you pay with debit you get the credit back. You want cash, go to the freakin ATM.
                  I'ts not possible to pay with debit when my debit machine isn't working... Don't frickin get mad at me. It's not my fault you think a debit card can work as Cash

Morons

Comment

The wife and I went grocery shopping last weekend. This is a large grocery chain in the Northeast, Wegmans, that on a Saturday morning, normally has 20-30 lanes open. For some reason, the store only had one Express lane open, for 7 items or less. Even the other 'normal' express lanes were taking regular orders. So we get in back of the line next to the Express lane, which had no one in it at that moment.....

W = wife
                    M = me

w - Come on, there's no one in the Express
                    m - No.
                    w - What?
                    m - You need to ask her first if it's okay, tell her we got 15 items.

Wife goes and asks if it's okay if we can come through...

w - She said it was okay.
                    m - Good

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                      Not in my book. I shop at Publix in South Florida and have determined the "10 items or less" sign means crap. I always see a customer with 30 or 40 items in her basket, and he or she will see this sign. Nonetheless, this customer will proceed to unload their groceries, and when the cashier reminds them of the policy, the customer's slick answer to that is "Oh, I'm breaking that up into four different orders." What's going on with that? Are they the sole person who is out buying groceries not only for themselves but for their neighbors and friends? Meanwhile, the person who just went for a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk has to wait three times the amount of time it would take to check out, because Publix and other companies are afraid of a bad rap if they deny the customer the "right" to break their items into several different orders.
                      For this reason I wonder why we bother having the stupid express lanes. And those who split up their orders into several 10 or 15 item orders are even WORSE in my book. At least those that go over, there's a chance that maybe they didn't notice the express lane sign. But the ones that split their orders up, you know they're doing it on purpose and don't care about holding up our only express lane and preventing those that really need it from using it.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                        For this reason I wonder why we bother having the stupid express lanes. And those who split up their orders into several 10 or 15 item orders are even WORSE in my book. At least those that go over, there's a chance that maybe they didn't notice the express lane sign. But the ones that split their orders up, you know they're doing it on purpose and don't care about holding up our only express lane and preventing those that really need it from using it.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's one thing for someone to come with a cartful of groceries and you scan them all through but to keep them seperate is to add an extra two to three minutes of waiting time for others in line I mean how stupid can people be...?

Comment

Working...
                        X