This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a discounted discount

So this man is renting for six nights and refuses to take a 7th night even though it is available. Five to seven nights is the weekly rate so he is paying the weekly rate but I agreed to prorate it for him

Guest: now I see a discount is being offered

Me: yes but I prorated you for six nights so that would not apply

Guest: why not?

Me: because if I did, the owner would only net $42

Guest: it's better than nothing

Me: sorry I cant sir

Guest: I been coming there for 11 years and this is how you repay my loyalty

Me: sir, this is as low as I can go

Guest: You cant take it out of your profits?

Me: no sir

Guest: Dave, I am not happy.....do you want my continued patronage or not?

Me: yes sir

Guest: then show it by giving me what I ask for

Me: I cant sir

Guest: well then take me out of your files because I am never booking with you again.....you have a very nasty attitude. I been coming down there 11 years, I think I am due some special consideration but if you dont want to, thats fine....I will go where I am appreciated. You sorry piece of shit

That is something I am never going to understand with people like this. Simply because a person isn't willing to kiss your ass and give you the world simply because you think you deserve it, they have a 'nasty attitude?' Must be nice to think you're entitled to everything you see, too bad it's not like that out here in the real world.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

One less EW...hopefully the door hit him on the ass on the way out.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        One less EW...hopefully the door hit him on the ass on the way out.
        The door won't hit him....it has better taste.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

you know what i want VRS to actually remove all of the info for customers who demand it removed because they are 'never staying with you again !!11!!!!111!!!eleventy!!!!'
          just to see how they react NEXT YEAR when thet try to rent only to find no discounts available to them cause they are new customers

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Allow me to summarize the proposed transaction. You wish to rent a condo for some low rate. Net profit for your company: -$59. Oh pleast take my $59. I dont' want it it's yours.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Allow me to summarize the proposed transaction. You wish to rent a condo for some low rate. Net profit for your company: -$59. Oh pleast take my $59. I dont' want it it's yours.
              LOL, I just imagined the comic guy from the Simpsons saying that.

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
                LOL, I just imagined the comic guy from the Simpsons saying that.
                Good. That's what I was going for.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

By Gods, I hate your customers. ><

Just by proxy. Argh.

Quoth IT Grunt
                  That is something I am never going to understand with people like this. Simply because a person isn't willing to kiss your ass and give you the world simply because you think you deserve it, they have a 'nasty attitude?'
                  Oh yes, you're not giving in to my demands therefore you're "rude" or have a "bad attitude" or have "no customer service skills", etc etc.

I had a guy the other morning that threatened to have me written up because I wouldn't dispatch an emergency on call to come down and open the gate to a recreational area for him that was 10 minutes late opening.

Far as I know he's going to attempt it on Monday too ;p

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    By Gods, I hate your customers. ><

Just by proxy. Argh.

don't feel bad GK... I hate your customers... and sadly some of them aren't by proxy
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

"I'm a super awesome customer blah blah blah"
                      http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp02212009.shtml is always the right response if you have the authority to get away with it...
                      (nsfw)

Comment

how much do you want to bet though.... if Dave said, "Sure, I'm taking you out of our files as we speak"... the customer would sputter and gasp...

cos they never expect you to call their bluff

Comment

It's not my profit to take it out of.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I know this is wrong of me, but I love your posts, it reminds me my work life could be sooooooo much worse than it is already. This brings me joy in a sad sad way.

Thank you for bringing something well..uh dark and tainted, but bright nonetheless to my otherwise unhappy existence.
                            Tamezin

Comment

Working...
                            X