Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another customer who doesn't understand the 99 cent sandwich deal...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another customer who doesn't understand the 99 cent sandwich deal...

Here we go again, another 99 cent deal. And another customer who doesn't understand the 99 cent deal.

Ok so customer comes in and we have a new special, get A medium or larger coffee you get A egg and cheese sandwich. Ok he understands that, but he decides to order an extra egg and cheese. So I charged him the medium coffee and the 99 cent sandwich and the extra egg and cheese at the regular price. He wanted to know why this is. He thought it would be both 99 cent. I said, no because one coffee goes with one sandwich. He said the poster is misleading. Am I the only one that doesn't think the poster is misleading? Ok so my CW made the sandwich already and he didn't want it anymore. I hate when they do that. Fortunately, I ended up eating the sandwich so it wouldn't go to waste. I also loved how he was bragging about how he used to be a teacher. Yeah, obviously you weren't that smart to understand a simple poster.

No, I don't think it's misleading at all! 1-coffee goes with 1-sandwich. It stands to reason that 2-coffees go with 2-sandwiches. So a sandwich on it's own without a coffee would NOT be part of the special. My math leaves a bit to be desired, but this is mostly common sense.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

common sense - another human lacking it with amazing ability.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
      RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

No it is not mis-leading. maybe he had just mis read it. It happens to the best of us.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Not misleading to me. It's a meal deal - one complete meal at the special price.

He strikes me as the kind of person who would crush the spirits of a Subway worker over the $5 footlong deal.

And a teacher? Good lord.

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
            he used to be a teacher. Yeah, obviously you weren't that smart to understand a simple poster.
            I wonder why.

Comment

I just had to put his in...

Comment

me... i'd be like... "Oh... so if I get another coffee I'll only pay ¢99 for each? That's cheaper! Sweeet, I'll have another coffee then!"

Comment

Hope he didn't teach English; he clearly doesn't have that whole indefinite article thing down...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Seems more likely to me he was hoping for a free extra sandwich.
                    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
                      Ok so customer comes in and we have a new special, get A medium or larger coffee you get A egg and cheese sandwich.
                      I'm pressuming you work at Dunkin Donuts, right? My guess is based off of their ads using the term "larger" in promotions such as the one you described.

(Guess that's a tell all that I watch far too many New England Revolution games via MLS Match Center since Dunkin ads are on during the few ad breaks you see in a soccer match)
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
                      X