This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Tale of Win!

I live in Texas, I have ever since I was 3 years old, but every year I go back to my birthplace of Pennsylvania to see family. One of these times was a particularly long visit, and I managed to get a seasonal hitch at my hometown's grocery store.

Backstory: On all the buses in town, there's the name 'K___.' The family who owns the buses is very, very rich. And I happen to know the guy who belongs to that family, and you'll know why in the next story.

A man and a woman come through my line. They're a little on edge (for some reason) throughout the transaction, and they decide to pay with a check. Obeying policy, I ask for I.D.

They immediately explode. "EXCUSE ME?! Us, show I.D.?" The woman bursts. "Er...yes, it's policy ma'am."

"Do you know who we are?!" The man yells.

"Erm...no."

"We are ______ and ______ K!" They say. "I can't believe this! Wait until Duane and Joanne hear about this horrible service wench!"

"Excuse me, are you referring to Joanne W?"

They pause and look at me. "Yes....do you know her?"

I grin widely. "She's my aunt! Duane K is her boyfriend!"

They immediately turn red and hand over their I.D.

I love my family.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

Hahahaha, owned!

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
      "Do you know who we are?!" The man yells.

"Erm...no. Do you know who I am?"
      Edited for an acceptable enhancement.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Edited for an acceptable enhancement.
        "this is not a game of who the f**k are you?"

eddie Izzard-"death star canteen
        Highlight above for quotation info if you don't know
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          "this is not a game of who the f**k are you?"
          It's Jeff Vader! Can i have the Penne A La Arrabiata please?

Comment

besides... being related to the people who own the bus does not negate the store's requirements on seeing ID

Comment

Total win!

Comment

That was awesome. I can just imagine their faces....!
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Nicely done!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That was a huge thing at the gas station. I guess these EWs thought that simply having a charge account with the owner of the gas station meant that they were TEH IMPORTANT!!1!! and that they never had to show ID and they could get all kinds of discounts.

I had threats all the time from those crotchzits, saying they'd tell "ye manager!" or "You just wait until I tell *owner*!"

I would always either shrug at them, or say "Go ahead" and think to myself, Like I'm afraid of some dirty bozo driving a cement truck. Yep, you're really on top of the food chain. Take a shower and get the fuck out of the store.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                    X