Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonal customers cause buffet restaurants to go under!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth digilight View Post
    He wants to know also

hmmm yummy Cat-Soup
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't print that too big . . . I've got an Applesauce in my lap at the moment. I don't want him chasing the rose pointer around.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      Oh dear, this reminds me of the mother of one of my ex b/f's. I have spoken of this woman here before - she is one of the mother of all SCs and entitlement whores...

...she and her husband were rich. FILTHY RICH! She threw money around and she never failed to tell you what fantastic financial wizards they were. But she was so freakin' cheap at times it amazed me.

We'd go to an all you can eat thing, there was this one restaurant in particular that had all you can eat shrimp - she'd line her purse with foil and order away and dump most of it in her purse. She did this at other restaurants like cheapo chicken wing night or all you can eat catfish nights I LOATHED going out to eat with her.
      Good lord! What did her purse smell like afterward? Yuck! Did she keep a box of Arm & Hammer in there so her stolen ice cubes wouldn't taste funny?

Comment

Ech. When I used to work at the college dining hall, I was on the Decorations committee. All these decorations going up for random special events...they would always get stolen by the students. Always. ALWAYS.

I remember one time in particular it was "tropical night" (A joke, because it was February and Michigan) and we had all these beach toys and fish decorations and palm trees and parrots and all sorts of cute things.

I got home after work, and everyone in my dorm was gloating over what they'd stolen. My RA, even, showed me one of the little palm trees that I myself had painstakingly assembled.

I gave them my most withering stare and told them, "Good work. Now I have to build another dozen. Mind if I tell my boss that this is where they've been?"

I got them in trouble.
        Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Why does it seem the people who are most well-to-do are the ones who do this?
          I used to wait tables at a catfish restaurant that was only open weekends. There was an elderly couple who would come in every Sunday after church. Sweet as pie, and they always tipped 50 cents. In 1992. When the cost of the dinner would run close to $20.

One of the cooks said that they were from an earlier generation, and they weren't used to things costing so much, but I guess I could take that a little better if the restaurant wasn't in an old brick store building, allowing you to see through the giant storefront windows that they drove a shiny brand-new Cadillac.
          He loves the world...except for all the people.
          --Men at Work

Comment

I have had uncles hoard food from buffets. One in particular was very well off.

One of my uncles stuck half of a STEAK into the breast pocket on his shirt. Walked around like that. Grease, etc.

No, at that point, he was not senile. Just from the nuttier end of the family.

Comment

wow. My aunt and I have been known to ask the chef at our favorite buffet place for the recipe to things we particularly enjoy, but we never take food out of the restaurant with us! (heck, even the one recipe they weren't willing to give us, we said "oh well, gives us an excuse to keep coming back!")

I have been known in the past to go down to the cafeteria for a fork, but I *always* buy something first! (and since I now work in a place that doesn't have a cafeteria, I've learned to keep boxes of plastic utensils at my desk).
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

My great grandmother grew up during the depression when sugar was rationed out, and so whenever we went out to eat she ALWAYS stole all the sugar off the table.

The first time it ever happened I was maybe 5 adn thought that it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. Then I wondered why Greatgrandma got to steal things but I couldn't. I don't remember what the reasoning behind that was, either.

Comment

I am glad that my family is not like that. I once saw someone, dump all the chicken pieces into her purse, at HomeTown Buffet
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    I am glad that my family is not like that. I once saw someone, dump all the chicken pieces into her purse, at HomeTown Buffet
                    That...was more than likely my grandmother.
                    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

A sign that should be at all buffets - "This is an all-you-can-eat buffet. No doggie bags or sharing of plates allowed. If you are caught stuffing food into bags, purses, shirts or pants there will be a $50 surcharge added. If you refuse to pay this surcharge we will call the cops, charge you with theft and ban your ass for the rest of your natural life."
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                        A sign that should be at all buffets - "This is an all-you-can-eat buffet. No doggie bags or sharing of plates allowed. If you are caught stuffing food into bags, purses, shirts or pants there will be a $50 surcharge added. If you refuse to pay this surcharge we will call the cops, charge you with theft and ban your ass for the rest of your natural life."
                        I love it. But, there would probably be a lawsuit on that, too. Earlier, I had created a post regarding Century Village residents who frequent Publix stores. A long time ago, many had signs in the front windows that said, "Century Village residents are not welcome here" ensuing a discrimination lawsuit. They would come in and do nothing but cause trouble, yet Publix was discriminating against them for their behavior. So, if we had a sign like this one for buffet restaurants, lawsuits would be filed, stating "disparity of treatment because I like to steal food."
                        Last edited by greensinestro; 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM.

Comment

One of my favorite all-you-can-eat Mongolian BBQs now has signs all over saying there is no plate sharing, and no doggie bags. It makes me sad to think how much people must be stealing from them recently, or how much of a fuss they are making about not taking leftovers home... just a year ago those signs did not exist...
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                            One of my favorite all-you-can-eat Mongolian BBQs now has signs all over saying there is no plate sharing, and no doggie bags. It makes me sad to think how much people must be stealing from them recently, or how much of a fuss they are making about not taking leftovers home... just a year ago those signs did not exist...
                            I have seen those signs as well. Do you live in South Florida like I do? Those signs are in nearly any restaurant that has a buffet or salad bar. Yet, I still have seen people take handfuls of crackers, or plates of cheese, and stuff them into their bags! Can you only imagine the ants and roaches that must live in those bags? Yuck.

Comment

Now I feel bad for the two cookies I took from Golden Corral last night. Then again they were two cookies already on my plate and the baby was getting ansy so we don't stick around in restaurants after that. I used to hate listening to peoples children cry and scream in restaurants so if mine gets that way we high tail it out of there really fast. I know, I know excuses excuses.

My favorite chinese buffet went out of business because of this crap. I remember watching a woman dump a whole thing of crab legs from there in her purse. I looked at my hubby and asked him, "Do you think she smells like crab all day?"
                              Last edited by Luckymom; 01-27-2007, 02:22 PM. Reason: bad spelling
                              http://leae.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                                We have a continental breakfast at our hotel. There are always these people who load up on everything. They take entire stacks of cups/napkins/utensils, handfuls of hot chocolate/tea packets and so on and so forth.

They lug all this stuff into their room and don't even use them more times than not it's left behind in their rooms.

I've seen that happen as well. A while back, I stayed at a Howard Johnson's in Orlando, and they actually had a "guard" there making sure people were not hauling away anything in large amounts. They were also there to make sure anyone entering the eating area was actually a guest and not some bum off the streets.

Comment

Working...
                                X