This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends and family of owners (LONG)

I am sure that for those who work in family owned businesses you always get that one customer who may get special treatment from the owner because they are family etc. My arena is in a small way family owned. Here's the backstory: The arena was founded by three men, the leader who I will call Mr. X. Mr. X had two business partners known as Mr. T and Mr. Pink. Mr. T and Pink passed away many years ago but their families still play a small role in the business. My mom works for these people in Mr. X's private suite, and many friends or family members of the founders often come. Tickets are often given to their friends because there are times when the founders families are taking care of other thing. The two late founders are given tickets not only for an obvious reason but out of respect for the family. Most of the guests are nice but my mom will occasionally have to throw guests out because of their action; and recently they seem to have been coming from one family.

During a basketball game, my mom had a problem with some troublesome kids (teenagers) in her suite. They were being rude, taking all the food, and getting in others way. After enough complaints from the guests, my mom went to take care of them. She tells the teens that they can either stop their antics or can leave. One of the kids, not liking the idea of being told what to do says that they know the owners of the arena. My mom asks which owner and they do not realize that she is setting them up for a big surprise and will be talking to the owners. She then promptly throws them out and talks to the owners the next day. The family that gave the guests those tickets was Mr. Pink's an the kids are not allowed in again.

During a concert, a sleazy looking group of 4 come in. They pretty much treated my mom like a ghost and kept to themselves. Some time during the show, someone goes into the bathroom. A line starts and my mom is sick of waiting, she knocks, no answer. She decides to unlock it herself and what does she see? Lo and behold, the sleazy couple that came in having sex. My mom instantly threw them and the other couple out. They also know Mr. Pink.

Nelly had come to the arena a few years back, I told my mom that it's going to be idiot fest. Most of the suite was filled with kids, a lot of them being thrown out for plenty of things. The kicker: One kid who was 19 at the time peed all over the bathroom. My mom tore him a new one, saying that her 14 year old son (Me ) has more intelligence than this idiot. Right after that, my mom threw him out and called the owners, and wondered who gave the tickets. Mr. Pink.

I asked my mom at one point about this and she said that the troublesome guests are friends of the Mr. Pink's family. I asked if because of the troublesome guests they have over and over given tickets to if they could have that ticket privelage revoked. She said no because it was out of respect for Mr. Pink. I have seen some of their guests and they would make the Darwin Awards intelligent.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

That really sucks. Mr. Pink was probably a nice guy and now his family is sloshing his good name.

I really dislike entitlement whores that name-drop. I don't care if you know so and so, you're still an ass and I refuse to deal with you.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Oh man, I hate those people. I'll be dealing with a customer, tell them how much the price of the phone (usually an expensive one) they want is, and they will say, "Is [owner's name] here?" They always say it really casually, as if it just ocurred to him that oh yeah, this is my buddy [owner's name]'s store, which has nothing to do with the price of this phone. Here's the thing. It never gets them anywhere. My boss has already cut the phones to the minimum to make a profit, and will cut them no more. Ever. So I dutifully go tell him that [entitlement whore] is out front, and can he/she have a discount? Then he says, "No freaking way," and I get to be the bearer of good news. It's annoying in a way to have to listen to the aftermath, but admittedly just a little satisfying too.
      Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        That really sucks. Mr. Pink was probably a nice guy and now his family is sloshing his good name.

I really dislike entitlement whores that name-drop. I don't care if you know so and so, you're still an ass and I refuse to deal with you.
        It isn't exactly Mr. Pink's family, the family is very nice but it's the guests that they tend to bring in.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I worked at Lowe's years ago and the Store Manager well he had alot of friends who shopped there and apparantly felt they needed to be treated like damn royalty. One Saturday five cahiers were scheduled (not including customer service) all but myself and the new girl called in. We were balls to the walls folks I mean there we not nearly enough free associates to help out on the registers so myself and the new girl were not going to be able to take any breaks. The manager wanted me to stay till closing and i'll be honest I certainly was not pleased about that. Anyhoo the new girl is right beside me dealing with customers who are certain they were rang up twice for an item...frustrated she turns to me to exam her screen because she can not find a single item that has been rang twice as I turn and study the monitor a customer wals up and I turn and begin to scan the items politely and quickly and as i am about done the new girl again asks if the total is correct (it is) so I turn and finish the transaction. Again she asks for assistance (my customer sees this) and I am still polite and calm because I like the new girl cause she is cool and it's not her fault that all those cahiers called in. Well a couple of minutes later I get a call the manager wants to see me I go in and get blasted for not saying hello to his friend and his friend was so offended that as soon as he left my line he went straight back into the store to tell how terrible I was to him. He will not stand for this I try to explain that I was not rude we are extremely short handed and I should be out on the floor instead of being balsted for this shit. He said i can be fired and I said uh no because I QUIT...That fool intended to fire me but asked if I would finish my shift out. He even tried to yank my vest off and called the cops because I had to go retrieve my car keys...needless to say I gave him an ear full...All because I didn't say hello to his precious friend!

Comment

Working...
          X