Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No cigarettes? Then I shall take your candy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cigarettes? Then I shall take your candy!

This offering comes from my friend who I've taken to calling 'Sarah'. She works in a big chain supermarket, and has had a stressful week...

Sarah was working at the cigarette counter. It was getting near to closing when two boys come in and ask for a pack of marlboros. As required by UK law, she asked them for proof of age (you have to be 18).

S: Sarah - overworked angel of cigarettes
    UK1: Underage Kid 1
    UK2: Underage Kid 2

S: I need to see ID.
    UK1: I left mine in my car.
    UK2: I left mine in my car too.

Clearly they are either a)very proud to own a vehicle b)remarkably absent minded c)lying little shites

S: Well I can't sell you any cigarettes, I'm sorry.
    UK1: You have to, it's your job! I need these for a friend!
    S: Well it's my job to not sell to minors, and I really can't sell them if they are intended for someone else whose age I don't know.
    UK2: Give us our fucking cigarettes!
    S: No. She starts looking around for the security guard, who appears to have wandered off.
    UK1: Fine, I'll just take THESE then! He grabs several bars of chocolate from the counter, unwraps one and starts shoving it in his mouth. Then his friend joins in. Then they start throwing Snickers and Mars Bars at her.

At this point the security guard turns up and sees two teenagers covered in chocolate, chucking merchandise at Sarah, who has ducked behind the counter. UK2 ran off but UK1 found himself on his belly with a rather overweight security enforcer sitting on him. And then the police were called.

Why can't kids learn to steal cigarettes from their parents like in the good old days?
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

This will date me considerably, but when I was a kid, my mom could send me to the local corner store to pick up her smokes for her. That changed when they decided smoking was really reallly bad for you, but that wasn't until I was in my early teens.
    Tamezin

Comment

WOW, that's mature!

In my gas station days, I'd venture to say I had at least 5 kids without ID come in a day trying to buy smokes/beer. Some of them, maybe even most of them, may have been 18/21+, but not having ID and me not wanting to risk a sting and losing my job...no sale. Sorry. You aren't special. And I don't care if you come here ALL the time or I've carded you before. Maybe if you weren't such an obnoxious brat, I would make an effort to remember you. I made a real habbit of "forgetting" the ages of SCs and EWs like that.

Anyway, if anyone had ever dared start throwing stuff at me or start stuffing candy in their mouths, I would have been tempted to grab the 2x4 we used for the beer cooler and shoved it up their ass.
      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 04-30-2009, 12:02 AM.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        WOW, that's mature!
        Just what I was thinking. Way to show you're over eighteen, by acting like a two-year-old!

I'm glad the police were called, I hope they put the Fear Of God into those brats. Oh, to be a fly on the wall when their parents were informed of their little angels' hijinks!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth BookBint View Post
          Why can't kids learn to steal cigarettes from their parents like in the good old days?
          Maybe they're parents don't smoke.

Comment

Wow, what idiots. I'd like to say that I've never encountered such stupidity, but it would be untrue. -.- Worst offender was the girl who pulled the race card; "You're only IDing me coz I is black!" No, you're being IDed cuz you look fourteen and act twelve. *shakes head*
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I'm glad the police were called, I hope they put the Fear Of God into those brats. Oh, to be a fly on the wall when their parents were informed of their little angels' hijinks!
              I'm sure the parents would be loving the fact that they are suddenly required to be a 'Responsible Adult' for their childs interview under caution at the station!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth BookBint View Post
                Don't give them ideas!
                I see dumb people...

"I think I died long ago, and you two are my eternal punishment"
                "..."
                "You're like a constant downer, huh?"

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                  This will date me considerably, but when I was a kid, my mom could send me to the local corner store to pick up her smokes for her.
                  Not sure how old you are, but I'm 40 and my dad used to do the same thing. But then it was a small Mom and Pop store, in a small town where everyone knew everyone, and he'd always call ahead to let them know he was sending me.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I remember buying my cigs for 7p each.....

and a worker getting refused because she looks young, and the paper drive license she pulled out wasn't accepted because 'it was her mothers' [our UK readership will get this - our full license does not have a picture on]

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                      This will date me considerably, but when I was a kid, my mom could send me to the local corner store to pick up her smokes for her.

I had to have a note from my mom to buy her cigarettes-I remember she smoked a brand called "bright 100's" they were generic and about $1 a pack.....
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                      X