Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you please finish your heart attack, so I can get my taco sauce?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you please finish your heart attack, so I can get my taco sauce?

I'm home on leave for a week. Drove my girlfriend to work, and was there to pick her up. As I was waiting there at "Not Trader Vic's," a fire truck and the paramedics drove up.

My girlfriend called me, and said she had a bit of an emergency. I said "okay," and waited.

She finally came out, and was furious. A woman who shops there a lot -- and who'd just had a pacemaker implanted -- was having some sort of cardiac event, and collapsed in an aisle. The GF and some of her CWs stood at each end, blocking access, in order to let the people helping her have some room.

Apparently, some of the people who just had to have their taco fixings were totally annoyed that this would delay their spicy treat. How dare she inconvenience them! My GF smiled (so they'd be fooled into thinking she was sympathetic to their plight), as a little more of her faith in humanity crumbled.

My girlfriend is very soft-hearted (which makes me soft-headed when it comes to her), and was really angry. I was angry, too, but after having read tales like this on CS for the last seven years or so, not surprised.
    Last edited by SailorMan; 04-29-2009, 02:38 AM.
    Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Faith in humanity, slipping.

Urge to kill, rising.

How can people blame a woman having a heart attack for them not getting their frickin' TACOS on time?!

What is wrong with people...
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

I hope that lady was okay.

Heaven forbid she get in the way of the fixings! It wasn't even the taco itself! Its people like that who need to have a serious revelation. A "Christmas Carol" type of life-jarring experience that makes them realize what jerks they are. The Ghost of Purchases Past can drag them back through every shopping experience where they made countless employees and other shoppers miserable.

Comment

The sad part of this is that I've heard of this happening at other times too. This was not a once off incident, some people really are heartless.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I always used to wish to spend a day in everyone's shoes . Not anymore. I'd never want to be so heartless to think that I would rather have some stupid taco fixings than wandering if someone is going to have their life or not.

It makes me cry. Please update if you ever find out

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Some people are just real assholes. I hope that lady is okay.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It's sad that the world's come to the point where we'll even overstep someone who's clearly ill, all for the sake of something that'll do nothing more than spice up your tacos.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It is absolutely no surprise to me that people will put their taco-flavored kisses above the well-being of somebody else.

After all, I did get the "pleasure" of watching some guy writhe around on the pharmacy floor suffering from a brain hemorrhage that eventually killed him, and finding out later that somebody demanded he be rolled off to the side so she could pick up her prescription.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow, Irv!

That woman must have been riding the cotton pony so hard, the tail was bleeding.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've heard of people stepping over a person receiving CPR, I've seen people try and get a person who is having an epileptic seizure moved to one side so they can pick up their script.

But then I've seen someone patiently wait for treatment while I've been treating someone else without a word of complaint, it takes all sorts I guess.
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

i guess the real question is --- did the tacos turn out ok?

Comment

After the Christmas Walmart stampede that killed that poor man, nothing surprises me.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Sad sign of the times we're all living in now..
                          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            I've heard of people stepping over a person receiving CPR, I've seen people try and get a person who is having an epileptic seizure moved to one side so they can pick up their script.

But then I've seen someone patiently wait for treatment while I've been treating someone else without a word of complaint, it takes all sorts I guess.
                            I've actually seen something like this... At the Starbucks i was working at years ago one of my CW's (the shift supervisor actually) whacked her head on a cabinet door that opened while was was bent over. She hit hard enough she knocked herself out for a minute and gave herself a concussion. So she was unconcious and laying across the floor in front of the bathroom. One of our regulars proceeds to step over her and go use the bathroom, and then leave... Without letting us know she was lying on the ground and not moving....

The sheer self-centeredness of people sometimes amazes me.

Comment

One day last year as I was walking to my bus stop, I saw a guy passed out UNDER the bus stop bench. People were sitting on the bench with their feet on the ground right next to him and not one of them called 911. I called and they showed up a few minutes later and actually had to tell the people to move off the bench so they could get to the guy.
                              Yes, the guy was obviously passed out from drinking (there was a 40 ouncer next to him) but this is AZ and it was 110 degrees that day.

People seem to forget that the smelliest drunk in the world started out as someone's baby. People loved him and were happy and proud of him at one time.
                              It can take very little to reach that drop.
                              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                              X