Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did cashiers become your personal janitors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You can throw that away."

Can I? Really? Oh boy!!!

I didn't mind tossing things if they asked nicely, and if they just asked where there was a trash can I would usually just take the item (as long as it wasn't something gross). If it was a cup from the cafe, I would ask if there was any liquid left in it, and if there was I'd tell them to toss it in the can just outside the door, or the cafe trash can, because they had heavier bags than the little wastebaskets under the registers. Empty cups I would just toss for them. Sometimes if it was something like a tissue and they asked where the trash can was I would pick up the can under my register and let them throw it in themselves.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Sometimes if it was something like a tissue and they asked where the trash can was I would pick up the can under my register and let them throw it in themselves.
      That's what I did. I didn't mind that so much, especially if they asked politely.

It's the people who left their rubbish on the shelves, floors and carts that irked me! Don't even get me started on jerks who change their babies on dining room tables and leave the dirty diaper right there amongst the plates...!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
      X