This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In HONOR of; not in MEMORY of...

Here at MAW, we get a lot of donations in honor of people. For example, Fred will make a donation to us in honor of his dad's birthday. We then send a card to Dad letting him know that his son did this. The card will usually say something like "In honor of _____Dad's name____ a donation has been made to the MAW Foundation by ___Fred____.....

Bear in mind that "In honor of" means that the person is still alive.

I got a call from a lady whose son had received some cards from us in honor of his Bar Mitzvah, made by friends of theirs. She wanted to know how much was donated. (Tacky, but we get this a lot. We can't give that info out anyway) but then she wanted to know why her friends would donate to us if her son isn't sick!!!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Oh... I didn't know there was a difference.

Learn something new every day.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
    X