This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in tv translation

Another thrilling day at Flowers That Suck and another crop of aspiring idiots. This one courtesy of some blow-hard windbag pontificater on Fox News channel.

BDI = Brain Dead Idiot Lady
    Me = Yours Truly

Me - spewing out my opening spiel like I actually mean it
    BDI - Uh, yeah, I wanna order that hundred flowers for twenty bucks special you guys have.
    Me - Ma'am I'm sorry but I think you have us confused with another florist. Our prices start at forty dollars.
    BDI - No, I seen it last night on the teevee.
    Me - We don't advertise on television, ma'am. That is another company
    BDI - (getting agitated now) yes, you do. *Insert name of blow hard shrill commentator here" recommended your company on his show last night and talked about your twenty dollar special.
    Me - Ma'am again, that is not us. I can give you a price on a hundred different stems of various flowers but we cannot honor that price given on a tv ad.
    BDI - (raging mad now) You gonna gimme that price or I'm gonna call up *insert name of blow hard shrill commentator* and complain he's been hoodwinked by youse guys.
    Me - (muting receiver for a sec so I can sigh deeply) And again madam, that is not Flowers That Suck. It is another company who sends their flowers out in a box, not fresh, seconds, with no vase, not professionally arranged by UPS.
    BDI - No!!! *insert name of blow hard shrill commentator* would never lie! You're pulling a bait and switch
    Me - (more big sighs) Ma'am, do you even know the name of the company you're trying to reach
    BDI - ProFlorals
    Me - Ma'am, We're Flowers That Suck not ProFlorals
    BDI - (very huffy now) Well I know that! I cannot find ProFlorals number.

and so on, lather, rinse, repeat....
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Quoth calulu View Post
    "I'm sorry, Ma'am, but you have failed." *CLICK*
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
      I should have known better than to violate Rule #1. Now I have to wipe Arizona Tea off the monitor, keyboard and desk.

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Good Gravy!

I have no brain cells left now . . . they fled the building and are now trying to get on that UFO with Elvis!
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Two Words: Yellow Pages. What a freakin' moron.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            Two Words: Yellow Pages. What a freakin' moron.
            Not all businesses are listed in the yellow pages. My favorite chinese restaurant isn't. But it will definitely be in the white pages.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*hugs*

You just want to hurt people like that dont you? (or is that just me?)
              "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
              "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
              "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                *hugs*

You just want to hurt people like that dont you? (or is that just me?)
                No, no it's not.

Comment

411 much? GOOGLE??

lazy bums

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4

That is all. No, not a Rickroll
                    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                    "What IS fun to fight through?"
                    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4

That is all. No, not a Rickroll
                      Ah a classic! That should be played when SC's fail and don't get their way.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I actually just heard "blow hard shrill commentator" on the radio talking about that special. Apparently, if you go to his special website and spend only another $20, you can get another 100 flowers.
                        "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Actually I've seen that ad on several of the blowhards on both sides of the political spectrums website... they all endorse crap,,, hehehe.. and the money rolls in.
                          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

It's 100 flowers for $20 they're probably ragweed.

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                              And that your honor was when I stabbed her through the heart with a spoon
                              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                              X