This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are NOT the Phantom Gourmet!!

Had this guy come into the store today and proceed to interrogate me, my other OS guy, and one of the cashiers, demanding to know if the restaurant on the other side of the parking lot was any good. Then, upon being told "I don't know; I've never eaten there" several times, got pissed!

Guy: Come on, you guys must eat the all the time.

Actually, it's a fairly upscale place, making it precisely NOT the place to go on a 30 minute lunch break, even if that was enough time to eat there. Plus, it's a sushi restaurant, and I don't like sushi. But I've heard it's pretty good.

Guy: Well the people at the hotel recommended it. I just want to know if it's really any good.

Did it occur to you to go online and check?

Guy: Well, I'll just ask her *points to cashier* she should know.

And you're basing this assumption on....what, exactly?

Thankfully, our CPC guy - who has eaten there before - said "it's pretty good" and the guy left.

Seriously, dude, we aren't the Phantom Fucking Gourmet, alright? Therefore, it's not our job to review restaurants for you. And the hotel's recommendation wasn't enough for you? But the opinion of Staples associates is?

Whatever. He's probably one of those morons who expects sushi to be cooked.......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    Whatever. He's probably one of those morons who expects sushi to be cooked.......
    Actually, Sushi can be cooked if you want it to be

Sushi just means "Rice Roll"

As for the guy, I can see where he would get the idea that you guys might know, since you work in the same area, but he shouldn't have gotten all pissy about it, "I don't know" is a valid answer.
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

I forgot to mention that this guy didn't ask while he was here buying something. He came in just to ask about the restaurant, which makes this whole episode that much more bizarre.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Next time that happens, just tell them the food is great there, and that customers get food poisoning at your place all the time. I personally guarantee he won't ever want to eat at your place, and you'll avoid 1 less sucky customer.

Comment

But that would be poor customer service.

I think we had a similar thing when I worked at Weis, except it was people asking about a Wing place that was next door.

Dude, I like wings, but they're expensive, and I'm a 16 year old working part time at a grocery store. Do you really think I'm going to blow my paycheck on one meal when there are games, comics, and legitimate expenses to pay?

Granted, this is almost three years ago now, but the point remains.
          "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
            Next time that happens, just tell them the food is great there, and that customers get food poisoning at your place all the time. I personally guarantee he won't ever want to eat at your place, and you'll avoid 1 less sucky customer.
            I didn't know you could get food poisoning from OFFICE SUPPLIES.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              I didn't know you could get food poisoning from OFFICE SUPPLIES.
              You wouldn't believe the intestinal problems that result from eating improperly cooked binders.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Oh, he works at Office Supplies?! My bad. I thought he works at another restaraunt.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  You wouldn't believe the intestinal problems that result from eating improperly cooked binders.

The last one I ate messed me up for two weeks!
                  Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Not to mention the roughage you can get from those pencils. They really get to the point!

Comment

On the upside, you can make a great cocktail from White-Out and ink toner. It's called the Carbon Copy.
                      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Plenty of fiber in a ream of paper, too.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well, Staples does have a candy rack, so I suppose it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility...

Store1 does not have a cafe, but there is a Starbucks that is attached (they rent the space from the bookstore). I was covering the music department once and the phone rang enough times that I finally answered it (can't leave the department so they don't answer the phone unless they are paged to do so). The woman wanted to know the phone number for Starbucks. I said, "I'm sorry but I don't know their number" and she got all pissy. I'm right next door, I should know the number! No, I'm right next door...if I need to speak to them I poke my head through the doorway and say "Hey!"

I realized later that their number actually was in the little pull-out noteboard thingy in the phone. Oops.

Seriously, though, I never understand these people who can look up my store's number but can't seem to figure out how to look up the number for another location in the area, or the store that's attached to us. Maybe they just can't get past B in the phone book?
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-04-2009, 12:19 AM. Reason: ha.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, "Staples" could be the name of a restaurant.....

.......with a menu of very basic foods!

Mike
                            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              Seriously, though, I never understand these people who can look up my store's number but can't seem to figure out how to look up the number for another location in the area, or the store that's attached to us. Maybe they just can't get past B in the phone book?
                              I could understand them asking for the number of another Staples location, but this....uh, no. We did it for people when I was at...*ahem* Daddy Johnathan's Pizza and VideogameHalt all the time...for other stores in our city; but that was it. We sure as hell wouldn't give out numbers to unrelated stores, and we wouldn't give out numbers to competitors (at the former place, people DID ask us that fairly often. The answer was "No, we know it for when we trade food with them don't have it"
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X