This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strangest call I've ever taken...

Allow me to relate the most disturbing call I've ever taken...I was suddenly reminded of it while sifting through the fun at work here.

This happened years and years ago when I was still barely more then a trainee. I took a call from this guy who just wanted to page a friend of his a quick thank you note. Nothing out of the ordinary. Oh how oblivious I was to the horror that would follow....

I took his message and went to page it to the person in question, but it slowly became apparent I couldn't get this guy off the line. He was a Chatter(tm). He was going on about how much he wanted to thank this person, and how they had given him and his mom some great advice. So he started asking my opinion on whether he should sent them some flowers, or pick up some wine or something for them...

I'm politely trying to get him off the line, but he's holding in there like an admirable little ass barnacle. Then he starts to reveal the advice he was given. Apparently he was told he needed to get laid. Now we've drunkeningly stumbled into the Too Much Information zone and I'm starting to fear he's going to give me details. Yet I still can't get the bastard off the line. Because I was still relatively new my faith in humanity was intact so I was still being polite....

Then he reveals this person gave the same advice to his mom. That she too needed to get laid. He goes on about how much better he feels after getting laid, as does his mother. ( Gah! ). Then he says the one thing that sets off all the alarm bells in my head...

"Most people think its really weird to sleep with your mom, but it was just what we needed!"

Sweet baby Jesus on a unicycle juggling wombats on fire, I've never mentally backpaddled from a conversation so fast. Now I'm attempting to escape without hanging up outright....no can do. He's starting to give me far more giddy detail then I would ever, ever want or need. He kept saying its weird but he's still really happy! (shudder)

So he starts talking about sending a gift again, or maybe a card. He asks me what I think again, and what do I say in my horrified brilliance?

"I don't think Hallmark makes a card for that." ><

"Yeah, you're right, well thanks for your advice!"

You're welcome, I'm going to go on break early, curl up in the corner and hug myself till the images stop.

<twitch>

think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water think of holy water

CRAP! IT'S NOT WORKING!
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

There are no words for that!

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhh nononononononononono

I am so sorry you had to go through that
        No good news is good bad news

Comment

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Brain-bleach all around!!!!

One for you:

One for me:
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                "Most people think its really weird to sleep with your mom, but it was just what we needed!"
                Oh boy. I was afraid the story was heading in that direction, but I was hoping I was wrong.

Hopefully they don't produce any two-headed offspring.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Can anyone say Oedipus complex?

That's not right.

free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
                    Can anyone say Oedipus complex?

That's not right.

Did the guy kill his father first?

*grabs a facemask to dull the smell of bleach being poured so liberally*

*needs a facemask avatar*
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Oooooh...Nooooo...Why??? Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. I just don't have the smiley to respond to that.
                      Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

I don't know man, the more I thought about that - the more I say I would've hung up immediately, customer service or not...that's above even my threshold.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

FOJK, you actually thought about it? I'm attempting to partition off the brain cells that are attempting to wrap themselves around that thought!

Here's to hoping that I'll get an extra stupid person who will just put those little neurons out of their misery today.

Comment

Oh.

My.

Damn.

First things first.

Second.

That is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo indescribably WRONG.

Pardon me while I go vomit now.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If I started saying "Eww" right now and continued to say it for the rest of my life, I still wouldn't be able to say it enough.

I'm thinking maybe he was just messing with you...?
                              (Hey, I'm grasping at straws here before my brain collapses from sheer ick.)
                              ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Working...
                              X