Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care about other people, only myself!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seanette View Post
    I haven't had cable in a couple of years and don't really miss it (except for Mythbusters, but that's now being released on DVD). Losing Internet would be a MAJOR upheaval for us, since we use it for so much.
    That's probably true, but the internet is not a utility that is important like the water, phone, electric, and gas are. The phone companies, like Bellsouth dealt with their share of this, too, mostly with ADSL service. When I sold this product, it was always disclosed to the customer that if the ADSL service is down, you can always go to dial up service as a back up. This was not good enough. Per the Public Service Commission, electric was the first priority, then the phone, water, and gas. The rest, like cable TV and ADSL, took a back seat. Customers were actually calling in pissed off that they had to use their dial up service instead of DSL. The phones were restored, and they could communicate, but it meant tying up their phone lines. These people then had the balls to file PSC complaints because Bellsouth did not restore the DSL service in a timely manner! Bitch and complain! They had internet access, but were filing complaints because it meant tying up their phone line as well as they could not surf the internet at the fast speed they usually have. That's awful, isn't it? Wouldn't this be like filing a complaint with General Motors because your car doesn't exceed 120 miles per hour?

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      Per the Public Service Commission, electric was the first priority, then the phone, water, and gas. The rest, like cable TV and ADSL, took a back seat. Customers were actually calling in pissed off that they had to use their dial up service instead of DSL. The phones were restored, and they could communicate, but it meant tying up their phone lines. These people then had the balls to file PSC complaints because Bellsouth did not restore the DSL service in a timely manner! Bitch and complain! They had internet access, but were filing complaints because it meant tying up their phone line as well as they could not surf the internet at the fast speed they usually have. That's awful, isn't it?
      Personally, in a disaster, once things calmed down to the point that connectivity became any sort of priority, I'd be happy with whatever there was. OK, yeah, I might do some mostly-in-jest grumbling about the slowdown, but I wouldn't be throwing a fit about it!
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

TV, I cannot live without, I have wrestling on, and well to put it short, that is my Football. Think about that, and you will understand. If not, then PM me, and I will explain.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          That's awful, isn't it? Wouldn't this be like filing a complaint with General Motors because your car doesn't exceed 120 miles per hour?
          OT, but I spent several years with GM's customer service. Those calls do come in. I had one customer irate because their dealership wouldn't try to duplicate a vibration that appeared only at speeds over 85 mph (local speed limits topped out at 75), and their dealership wasn't willing to break the law in diagnosing this issue.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled thread.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
          X