This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    I'm saddened by the number of people ready to dismiss her as a human being on the basis of the little we know of her.
    I agree. We don't know enough.

I'm sorry it was such a frustrating night though.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I try not to judge people who come into the E.R. like we learned in one of our classes 99% of the time it's not even about you or something you can control, so I just didn't let her make me angry. Which I think made her even angrier that I wasn't responding to her insults, and kept a pleasant calm demeanor throughout the whole thing.

It really wasn't that bad, but it was annoying to not be able to go and do my rounds, or paperwork and to be glued to a chair for 8 hours. The Dr. ordered me to stay there all night, which I can understand but was overkill in my opinion especially once she was restrained and then asleep.

But oh well that's why I have you lovely people and this lovely forum to vent on.

Comment

Totally agreed. Pain can make monsters of the most wonderful people. So can mental aberration - neural chemistry or anatomy.

If someone is sick, in pain, or has a chemical or anatomical problem, their behaviour is most likely in response to their internal biology, and has nothing to do with you.

Your teacher was wise, boringscreenname, and I appreciate people like you who are willing to listen to that.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X