X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is 'hold' please?

Ring ring

BB: OddlyGeekyHistoryPublishingCompany, BookBint speaking.
    SC: Ah hello BookBint, is <UberBoss> there?
    BB: Oh hello <OldCrotchetyAuthor>, <UberBoss> is away from his desk at the moment *outside having a smoke*. Is it urgent, I can see if I can find him if you want?
    SC: Oh yes dear, please do.
    BB: Ok, well I'll just put you on hold, ok?
    SC: Yes yes, fine.

Put phone on hold, lean out of window, bellow '<UberBoss! <OldCrotchetyAuthor> is on the phone!' <UberBoss> grunts and stubs out his cigarette. I pick up the phone and remove hold.

BB: Hello? <UberBoss> is just coming.
    SC: WHAT HAPPENED????????????
    BB: Excuse me?
    SC: Did you put the phone down on me? I was saying your name but you didn't answer!
    BB: Uh, I put you on hold, sorry, I thought I said that's what I would do...
    SC: But I didn't know it meant that!!!!!
    BB: What, 'hold'??
    SC: How terribly rude!
    BB: I am very sorry... *you technologically retarded man. Have you never rung your bank? They luuurve putting you on hold*

<UberBoss> returned and the author complained that I was very rude and that I had put him on something called 'hold' and that he was rather put out. <UberBoss> grunted and told him his manuscript was late.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Quoth BookBint View Post
    Ring ring

"the author complained that I was very rude and that I had put him on something called 'hold' and that he was rather put out.
    Dude, the 1930's called (on a candlestick phone, no less) - they want their phone exchange back.

Comment

Working...
    X