This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    STOP SAYING "Good girl!" everytime I do something right!
    A couple of my bosses used to do that... Finally, I replied " RRRRuff!"

Comment

I love my bank. I can go to up to 3 rival/independant ATMs a month and my bank covers all the fees.
      Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

ATM's don't charge here, think there is a tiny charge for credit cards though. I HATE cashback monsters, we only do it on debit cards (max is €100...about $120??) and people cannot accept that I don't have €100 at opening time. Ughh. Or 'why can't you give me €150?' Because the tills are smarter than you and it won't go through, duhh.

Ha the float here is €153 (Interestingly, there was a massive rumour that my company, Dunnes Stores was due to be taken over by Wal-Mart and their subsidiary Asda..still not actually denied). It's 2 €10's, 4 €5's and the rest coins, which means the second customer who produces a €50 has to wait until I get it out of someone else's till or the safe. Ridiculously low.

Comment

The $100 start at Walmart was usually enough. It was only when I got a lot of people early on asking for cashback or paying for small purchases with large bills that I had real trouble.

$100 float:
          $20 in loose $10 bills
          $20 in loose $5 bills
          $40 in $1 bills (two packs of $20)
          $10 roll of quarters
          $5 roll of dimes
          $2 roll of nickels
          $1 in pennies (two $.50 rolls)
          $2 in loose $1 bills
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I forgot, there's no more plastic bags at checkouts from today onward. Must remember to take a cloth one now, I can't afford to pay for bags.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
              I forgot, there's no more plastic bags at checkouts from today onward. Must remember to take a cloth one now, I can't afford to pay for bags.
              I'm on the "front line" so to speak for that, and I've also put in a rule of "keep political comments to yourself" while I'm serving. I know I'll most likely get flamed for this, but my belief is that I don't get paid to argue. I don't want to get fired for opening my mouth and having twenty customers arguing with me, but I don't get paid to suck up said political ranting either.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm on the "front line" so to speak for that, and I've also put in a rule of "keep political comments to yourself" while I'm serving. I know I'll most likely get flamed for this, but my belief is that I don't get paid to argue. I don't want to get fired for opening my mouth and having twenty customers arguing with me, but I don't get paid to suck up said political ranting either.
                Every Saturday for the last 3 months this one guy (the same guy each time) has been spouting off about how the plastic bag ban is going to do great things for the environment and the feds should follow our lead and ban plastic bags on a national level. After asking for a bag to hold his 2 items.

Also, with politics, I was working for BP when the GST came in. Somebody got fired for writing "NO GST" in icing on the cupcakes.

Comment

The float at GameStore was much more than I would have thought. A store with 3+ registers (and the business to necessitate this, like Bookstore) needs this much float. You do not (makes my job harder in a couple ways, not the least of which is worrying about a robbery at closing).

I would wonder if he was expecting debit-card customers to demand cashback (which never happened, and in fact the register could not do).
                  Quoth Shards View Post
                  Good Girls!

Sorry, truly could not resist the temptation.
                  *sits up and barks* That became a running joke among the regulars who had seen him do this ("Nice doggy! Cute little pooch! Maybe I have a milk bone!")
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm on the "front line" so to speak for that
                    You and all the other cashiers have my deepest sympathy. I'll pop the booze on ice and fire up the oven for cakes.
                    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

I once had a lady use a $100 bill for a $3 purchase, second customer of the morning (and the first used a $50...ugh)

I go to hand the lady her change with the $50 in it and she FREAKS out because its "so hard to break those things"..... I refused, my manager caved and went to the safe to get me more lower bills

then the lady bitched about it taking an entire 5 minutes.....I hate people
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

My store allows $200 cash back. One day two of the last 4 or so customers wanted a lot of cash back. One the first, $150 the second $200. After the firsts I all had were fives on ones. I told the SC that but they insisted. The were mad that they got $200 in fives and ones. Watching them try to get that in their walled was priceless.

Comment

I know I'll most likely get flamed for this, but my belief is that I don't get paid to argue.
                          Can't see why you'd get flamed for that. If you've got an SC going on about politics against your will and ability due to workplace policy to discuss it, then that's fine fodder for the board. If you leave your political leanings outside of the forum, that's absolutely fine.

Can't see any reason to think there's a problem.

Rapscallion

Comment

I agree. Had a customer start at me about local politics, at the moment this part of local politics is general knowledge, for the whole country, not just my city. Anyway it was against my views so I didn't say anything, didn't want an argument with the customer (she had read the headline of the paper) who obviously wanted me to agree with her. CW couldn't say a word either, didn't want to argue either.
                            Began work Aug as casual '08
                            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              Can't see why you'd get flamed for that. If you've got an SC going on about politics against your will and ability due to workplace policy to discuss it, then that's fine fodder for the board. If you leave your political leanings outside of the forum, that's absolutely fine.

Can't see any reason to think there's a problem.

Rapscallion
                              Thanks for clearing that up Raps.

I'm also Australian, so our political parties are a bit different. I've found the best defence for me is silence.
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X