This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request is just that...a request

I probably have mentioned this before, but just because a hotel guest requests "ground floor" or "connecting" rooms does not necessarily mean it's a guarantee.

Just because you made the reservation months ahead of time with the request in the notes also doesn't mean it's a guarantee either. We try our best to accomodate room requests, but things happen. Most of the time we don't even see the request until day of arrival because that's the day we assign room numbers. Even if we did assign room numbers ahead of time, they will change because sometimes guests unexpectedly stayover or the room is out of order.

Please don't yell at me when you can't get the rooms close together. And just because the parking lot has few cars or is empty does not necessarily mean we aren't sold out. Just because no one APPEARS to be in a room, that doesn't mean there is in fact someone in there. Many people leave the hotel during the day and come back at night.

Also rollaways and cribs are based on availability. If we see in the reservation, we will put in the room before you arrive. But if you walk-in with no reservation and request a rollaway we don't have (we go through those constantly) don't get mad at me!

Okay..done ranting. It's just this has happened alot recently and it gets annoying at times.

Sounds like these are the same folks who stroll into a packed hotel at 9 PM on a saturday night and expect to get some uber cheap room rate because "it's so long past check in time".
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Or the ones that come in during football/baseball/race weekend, and expect a discounted rate because they're on business travel and not in town for The Big Event.
      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
        Just because no one APPEARS to be in a room, that doesn't mean there is in fact someone in there. Many people leave the hotel during the day and come back at night.
        You mean people don't stay in hotels just for the sheer fun of being in the hotel?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          You mean people don't stay in hotels just for the sheer fun of being in the hotel?
          Nah too expensive.

Comment

Working...
          X