X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, if you're going to scam me...

READ THE FRICKIN' MANUAL.

The two boys I got today were probably the dumbest ones yet. They come through my line (I'm working express) and buy a big case of beer. I check I.D. and they show it, they're both of age. They hand me a fifty and I begin to ring them up...

One guy goes: "Hey! What are you doing? I gave you a hundred!" I pause and stare at them.

"Sir...I fail to see how that is, seeing as I'm still holding the bill in my hand." The boys turn red and one of them looks angry at the other. I count out their change and give them their beer with a smile on my face. "Have a nice day!"

On the way out, one of the boys smacks the other and goes 'You did it too soon, idiot!'

*sigh*
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

And the air was filled by the collective sounds of thousands of palms striking against foreheads in unison...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Ugh, more fodder for the Chainsaw of Natural Selection. I mean, bad enough that they were stupid enough to try and scam you, but to jump the gun like that? What the hell, man!
      The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

of course if they waited you wouldn't magically have a hundred in the register anyways...
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Uggggg!!! You should be allowed to detain them and have them charged.... scratch that.... you should be allowed to shoot them and raise the national IQ by a few points.
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

doh! This is why I always announce what they handed to me back to them and lay it on the counter while I count back their change before I put it in the till. Usually scares them from doing it.

Comment

My way of handling change is as follows: I lie the bill on top of my printer as I make the change, then I'll have the original in my hand, change in my right and state "from <amount> this is..." then count it out. When they leave, THAT's when I put in the money.

They try anything later, I get my drawer balanced in front of them
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
              X