This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return Lady

While in Dry cleaning, we dont have Returns per se, we do no-charge recleaning if we didnt notice/get the stains out the first time.

The elderly lady is actually a nice woman when her stuff is clean, but I've had more recleans from her than anywhere else, and she always shakes her head and refuses to take her stuff if its not spic and span. Why she doesnt check her stuff in the shop BEFORE taking it, I dont know.

This isnt sucky per se, but she doesnt get that sometimes Stains WONT COME OUT... She has a linen jacket hanging in our store right now with weird water/fluid stains on it that we couldnt get out. She refuses to take it (She's already paid) until we get those stains out cause we 'got them out before' (which may be the case, but that doesnt mean they will ALWAYS come out). She's not very happy, and has left it there a week... told her to call the boss and talk to him about it, but she said she would last time andshe never did... I think she may have forgot that she was supposd to.

She also spends forever just shaking her head and saying "I can't believe..." *headshake* or "You got these out before!" or "Look at this!". Never yelling or screaming, but taking up a good 20 minutes of my time when I just stand there literally and shrug helplessly cause ... well, I told her 'sometimes they wont come out' and 'we already did all we could failing cut the stains out with scissors' and she wont go away. I dont know WHAT she expects me to do....
    Last edited by Horsetuna; 05-04-2009, 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Quite simple; SHe expects you to pull a perfect clone of her clothes out of your ass, spic and span, not even an ion of dust upon it, and so on and so forth and *GAG*

Sorry; I can't go on. I don't have the temperament to try to examine what goes on in a SC's head. Even a polite one.

Comment

That reminds me, I forgot to drop off my dry cleaning...damn ><
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
        She has a linen jacket hanging in our store right now with weird water/fluid stains on it that we couldnt get out. ... I dont know WHAT she expects me to do....
        I got water spots on a silk tie that I couldn't get out. I just wet the whole tie, let it dry and it was all one color. So all you have to do is stain the whole jacket to the same stain color, and she'll be satisfied because she can't see the stain any more.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          That reminds me, I forgot to drop off my dry cleaning...damn ><
          And that reminds me I've got a couple of blazers I need to take to the cleaners soon. . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            And that reminds me I've got a couple of blazers I need to take to the cleaners soon. . .
            We MAY be able to wet clean it, depending what its' made of. But its up to the Boss in the end.

I just wish she'd stop coming in when I'm the ONLY one there. Talk to the BOSS. she has two of his cards AND the store number and I tell her 'call in the morning. He WILL be here."

After I put pie in the oven I may use this thread to tell about our not-sucky, but annoying customers.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
              After I put pie in the oven I may use this thread to tell about our not-sucky, but annoying customers.
              There's PIE???!!! Nobody told me there was going to be pie! What kind, not that it matters much.... it's pie!

Comment

Beef pie, with potatoes and onions. Home made by yours truly.

So I will introduce our regulars.

Rich Guy (RG)... Nice guy really. Has a lot of quirks. Likes his jeans Cowboy Starch... meaning they can stand up on their own. Seriously. I keep meaning to get a photo of them. He doesnt wear relaxed/loose fit either. These are, according to him, 200 dollar a pair jeans that he got overseas and loves them cause they're comfortable... but he wont buy any more. He has six pairs total he says.

He also likes his shirts heavy starch and FOLDED. Also hates that after we fold the shirts and put them in platic bags, we put them in paper bags (Why, I dunno. We just do). He hates wasting the paper. He also will sometimes come in and pic up 1 shirt from order A, pants from order B... A bit of a hassle, but he's not rude about it.

He also made the mistake the other day of washing a pair of red shorts with one of his outfits, and called me to ask me how to take the pink out. I referred him to the boss.

... actually that's the only really odd regular we have, aside from the funeral guy who casually pickd up the stapler and reached for my hand in such a casual motion that I almost didnt realizewhat he was trying to jokingly do (He wouldnt have really, but likes to tease me gently)

Comment

Update: Return Lady came in, talked to boss (finally!). She agreed to have us wet clean it at her own risk (since the lining may fall apart according to boss)... it came out much nicer, collar still a little darker.

Also, Rich Guy was in as well with his now-pink-striped sport shorts and top. The boss worked a while on them. The stripes are still pinkish but not as bad anymore. They look like a mauve or light red to me now... we'll see. He came in a few hours after the boss left to ask about them, even though the boss told him to come in TOMORROW at noon to check on them. Gah.

Comment

I think I would be questioning why she doesnt take better care of her clothes? It's not your fault she is prone to staining her clothes. Perhaps she needs an apron or such.

Our local cleaners have a sign right above the counter advising that whilst they will do everything they can, some stains just cant be removed.
                    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
                    X