Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you complaining about me or the economy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you complaining about me or the economy?

A customer emailed the corporate office to complain about me. And niether I nor the store manager know why he picked me to complain about, since I'm well known for treating even the suckiest of customers with professionalism and respect.

And he didn't even specify what I did wrong. All the email said was "The cashier (her name tag read ShinyKitsune) was rude, and didn't care that I was a paying customer." That was the only mention of me anywhere in the complaint. He spent the rest of the two-page email complaining about the economy, our prices being too high, and threatening to take his business elsewhere.

What pisses me off is that there's now a note in my employee record stating that a customer complained about me, even though I did nothing wrong!
    "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
    -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

Don't you know that retail cashiers and shelf stickers actually control the economy and prices respectively.

/sarc

Comment

you probably treated her nicely and she was offended, therefore you were rude.
      cos the complainer was insane

Comment

OK, if a customer can't substantiate what exactly it is that you did wrong, it shouldn't go into your file. "The cashier was rude and didn't care that I was buying stuff" tells you nothing.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, you would think...Sadly, it doesn't matter, at least not at my company.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

a bit but I have a line that I'm prepared to use on economy whiners...I'm a bit of a games freak and I'm hunting for this particular game, which I haven't been able to find.

If a customer uses the "in this economy you should be kissing my ass because I'm providing business" line or something similar, my response is going to be...

"So that means, that in this economy, I can go to my local <insert game store here> and demand a game for free (Or obscene discount) simply because in this economy, I'm providing their business? Sweet "

And I agree, is there a union or HR department you can go to where you can have that complaint overruled?
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
            X