This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, at least he's persistent

OK, I will give this guy credit... he is persistent... I have not actually dealt with him, but management has been so amused that they have told us all about it.

There is a local company that likes to hire homeless guys to do manual labor and part of the pay is they'll put the person up in a hotel and provide laundry service. Often times they use us. We work with that company often and will give them a discount on the room, because we know they are doing this more as a charitable contribution than for business reasons (they hire the people to do tasks that really could be done by regular employees).

The last time they did this was about a month and a half ago when the shelters were full. They called us, the manager agreed to do a room for them at a discount again. One of the guests saw him and demanded that we call the police to have him removed. We explained to him that this person was indeed a registered guest, that a philanthropist put them up in the hotel, that he had bathed and he would be getting clean clothes that afternoon. This answer did not satisfy him, he demanded to speak to a manager, manager came out, told him the same thing. Obviously we don't care about guest satisfaction, so he called corporate and told them how displeased he was that we allowed a homeless person to be put up in the hotel by a philanthropist. Corporate, for once, had a spine and told him that they thought it was great that there are people who are willing to help those in need... and basically invited him to get a life (politely of course).
    You'd think that we're done... you'd be wrong. Not satisfied with the manager telling him that this is one of the charitable things that is done by us and a community partner, corporate telling him that the hotel had done nothing wrong, wasn't enough to deter him. So what would any good SC do when shot down twice in a row... go for broke, but the third time lie. We found out today that our lovely little SC decided to call the Salt Lake Valley Health Department and report us for health code violation... He claimed that we 'allowed a filthy vagrant free roam of the hotel and allowed him to handle all the food in the breakfast area'.
    The health department contacted us, manager explained the situation and that he could guarantee that what the guest claimed could not happen, as the health department knew from undercover stings, our breakfast attendant is a tong nazi... she will beat you with the tongs if you don't use them, and she washes and sanitizes them often... no health code rule was violated. So now even the health department is telling the SC to take a hike.
    Now I'm wondering what his next step in his crusade against this foul hotel and our acceptance of those less fortunate
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

our breakfast attendant is a tong nazi... she will beat you with the tongs if you don't use them, and she washes and sanitizes them often... no health code rule was violated. So now even the health department is telling the SC to take a hike.
    Now I'm wondering what his next step in his crusade against this foul hotel and our acceptance of those less fortunate
    I wonder...is there even such a rule as "not allowing hobos free roam of a private place" that could get a place shut down?

The guy is just a heartless

And I love "tong nazi" I'd steal it, but nobody I know works with tongs.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I think its a great thing you and this company are doing, good on ya

The SC can go screw himself....trying to get you in trouble for being helpfull to those in need
      We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Quoth Rebel1012 View Post
        I think its a great thing you and this company are doing, good on ya

The SC can go screw himself....trying to get you in trouble for being helpfull to those in need
        we don't do it often... maybe half a dozen times a year at most... the only time we do it is when that company is able to find someway to put them to work, but hey, it's more than most people are willing to do (we still do charge them, but it's at a huge discount, like along the lines of 50% off almost, so if we make profit it's minimal)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

What a fucking asshat! Fucking swarmy motherfucker. Let him walk a mile in your homeless guests shoes...

I'm sorry...but I've been homeless and I've worked with the homeless population. I'm very empathetic when it comes to this population. I think its wonderful that your company participates in such a program.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            What a fucking asshat! Fucking swarmy motherfucker. Let him walk a mile in your homeless guests shoes...

Well, karma being the boomerang that it so frequently is, the fucker probably will eventually.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              At the risk of giving this jerk ideas: The building department--arguing that the fumes are corroding the support beams or public assistance. Just a guess, mind you.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

i'm going with a lawyer, to sue for 'hostile enviornment,' based on forcing him to stay in the same area as a homeless person.

oh the inhumanity of it all...

i'm also glad the guy god a room and a bed, if only for a short time.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I do hope he is on a ban list now. What a creep. I mean, it is one thing to mistakingly think you have a vagrant in your lobby but quite another to keep insisting a paying customer leave.
                  Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Working...
                  X